Things I have discovered about the the F56 - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum
User Tag List

537Likes

post #1 of 741 Old 07-02-2014, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Things I have discovered about the the F56

Just thought I would start a thread and see what others add as they get theirs, apologies if one was started elsewhere or I'm being thick
1. It's got no CD player, I have the base unit, now I know everyone is moving away from cd's and it's not a problem as I can use my USB stick or iPod, but always like to have a mp3 cd loaded as an alternative.

2. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the change gear indicator as well as telling you to change to the next gear, it also tells you to go from eg 3rd to 5th etc if you are going to fast for the next gear and also tells you to go from 4th to 3rd if you are going to slow. I don't normally take notice of this info but never experienced this in other car makes, is it a BMW thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 741 Old 07-02-2014, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Should have added that my car also 'bongs' yes bongs when restarting with the stop/start. I have looked in the manual and can't seem to find anything, although it was a 'man' look as my wife would say Anyone else noticed this?
Apologies for spelling errors in first post
post #3 of 741 Old 07-02-2014, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Garage
I tend not to use to stop/ start but when I have , I don't think it made a " bong" noise when it operated.
MintMark likes this.

post #4 of 741 Old 07-02-2014, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
The car uses rev matching when changing between gears when you at the right speed/revs the car advises you to go between 3rd and 5th to maintain the momentum and build speed/performance. This is a great feature as you can move through the gear box quite fast
MintMark and Evymoon like this.
post #5 of 741 Old 07-02-2014, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Mine definitely doesn't bong!!!! :-D
post #6 of 741 Old 07-02-2014, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Garage
I like the 'block shift' feature. Most cars these days have a gear change indicator but I like how the MINI tells you all the time which gear you're in.

----------------
IT'S HERE.......Team Volcanic Orange
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 741 Old 07-02-2014, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaj1dlh View Post
I like the 'block shift' feature. Most cars these days have a gear change indicator but I like how the MINI tells you all the time which gear you're in.
a la Playstation and Gran Turismo...

I like that the car uses its light sensor to determine the day/night mode of the LCD display, regardless of the position of the headlight switch (it doesn't make the display all orange until it's dark enough, even if you turn your lights on).
JVondel and NeilF56 like this.
post #8 of 741 Old 07-02-2014, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Garage
I like how I've finally sussed how to leave my wing mirrors in when I lock the car (without using the internal button) ....just hold and keep pressing the lock button

I like how the MINI is teeny weeny compared to the the RCZ .... I continually park about three feet away from walls ... I keep having to get back in the car and move it a couple of feet!

I like the seat extenders and how the seats heat up really hot really quickly. Not really the time of year for heated seats, but being a girl I like having a cosy seat at certain times (TMI?) ...who needs a hot water bottle.....

I like the winks when you get in and out.

----------------
IT'S HERE.......Team Volcanic Orange
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 741 Old 07-02-2014, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Garage
Donna now that you're folding the mirrors all the time... any more problems with the windows? (please say no!)
Black&White_D likes this.

Mark
post #10 of 741 Old 07-02-2014, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
I was thinking the same Mark! Every time I leave my car with mirrors folded I worry that I'll come back to a disaster!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page