User Tag List

476Likes

post #1 of 739 Old 10-30-2014, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
uke

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
What do we dislike about the car?

I know, 99% of us will report "nothing, go away!". But in the midst of all the love on this board for our awesome MINIs, surely there must be a few little annoyances that irk people. Time to bring balance to the board, people!

I'll start with the obvious one: Why do we have to switch Driving Mode to Sport Every. Freaking. Time.? Why can't the thing remember the mode like it does 5,000 other far less impactful setting? I have a callus on my finger from hitting the Sport button every time I started my R56 for two years.

Every now and then I forgot to hit Sport and momentarily freaked out that something was wrong with the car.

Think of the humanity, MINI! Save the Driving Mode!
Hovebiker, marcialm and deftronix like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 739 Old 10-30-2014, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Garage
I could do without the TPMS. Certainly a system that uses internal sensors.

Not Mini's fault, the powers that be insist that it must be fitted to all new cars but cost wise it has screwed up my winter wheels/tyres economics. I can not really justify having a second set of sensors and I don't want to swap tyres over on the same rims.
kenl and BearsFan34 like this.
post #3 of 739 Old 10-30-2014, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I don't like the fact that I have to hit two buttons on the steering wheel to change a radio station or to skip a song in my media playlist. In my previous MINI, one press of a button was enough to do a fast scan of the stations.

I don't like the delay before I can lock the car with the small button on the door handle (Comfort Access). I sometimes have to press 3 or 4 times on the button before the car can be locked from the outside without the keyfob.

Using the media controller on the center console is not easy with the armrest down. Kind of crowded place.

I must say those are the details that are annoying to me. Everything else is such an improvement from the previous models.

Christian - Québec, QC, Canada
Currently driving a Volcanic Orange 2015 MINI Cooper S Hardtop
Was driving a Chili Red 2011 MINI Cooper S Clubman before

post #4 of 739 Old 10-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Garage
Me too Johann ridiculous the abs system on the r56 worked brilliantly at no cost to me. I've just bought the tpms's and had them fitted to some aftermarket alloys by which time ill have spent £600 grrrr. And the dealer can't pump the tyres up as the tpms valves hardly stick out of the alloys and one alloy is scratched. Transit damage I should've checked them . Now the tyres are on do I complain or not. ? I am not very happy. Hope we get some snow! And of course in 5 years time all the batteries will be flat and I have to start again. Even more grrrrrrs!

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
post #5 of 739 Old 10-30-2014, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
uke

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnan View Post
I could do without the TPMS. Certainly a system that uses internal sensors.

Interesting. I hadn't thought about that but it makes sense. I always liked having TPMS. Never thought about the additional cost and hassle factor.
post #6 of 739 Old 10-30-2014, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Is the TPMS system different in North America than it is in Europe? I had my winter wheels/tires installed last night and the TPMS is still active. Nothing special had to be done for the new wheels or tires, no additional purchase necessary.

Christian - Québec, QC, Canada
Currently driving a Volcanic Orange 2015 MINI Cooper S Hardtop
Was driving a Chili Red 2011 MINI Cooper S Clubman before
post #7 of 739 Old 10-30-2014, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Garage
I also think the arm rest gets in the way of the controller.

And the heater is rubbish. Heated seats brilliant though. My previous four Peugeots had brilliant heaters. Not looking forward to the colder weather

I don't like not being able to turn off the footwell lighting at night, it's a distraction. I'm all for pretty lighting but they're a nuisance ....especially for passengers.

Why is there no MUTE button on the steering wheel? Only way to pause the ipod or mute the radio is to turn it off altogether.....

----------------
IT'S HERE.......Team Volcanic Orange
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 739 Old 10-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Garage
You can turn the lights right down using the roof control Donna. One push dims I think and a hold on it makes them scroll or otherwise!

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
post #9 of 739 Old 10-30-2014, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
uke

Coupled ambient/instrument lighting

I have not received my F56 yet, so this may be an invalid complaint, but here goes:

On the R56, the ambient lighting was coupled to the instrument lighting. The only way to control the brightness of either one meant that the brightness of the other was also affected.

I like the ambient light, and preferred it fairly bright. But to get that I had to dial up the instrument lights so bright that I had Orange Fever and could barely see the road. So I turned it down, and alas, feeble ambient light. D'oh!

Does the F56 lighting work the same? Or can the instrument lighting be adjusted separate from the ambient lighting?
post #10 of 739 Old 10-30-2014, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Garage
The scroll wheel on the dash adjusts the ambient and the instrument panel.

I'll have a fiddle with your suggestion though Jeremy......

----------------
IT'S HERE.......Team Volcanic Orange
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page