User Tag List

14Likes

post #1 of 25 Old 11-04-2014, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Visual Boost vs. Media XL

Hello all, I have a newbie question. Apart from the obvious screen difference, what are the other differences between getting the visual boost and the media XL add ons?

I've been trawling the forum and I've seen that the VB doesn't get the under seats subwoofers (can someone confirm this) - but am not sure even software-wise what differences there are.

Many thanks,
Sunster

Cooper F56 in deep blue. Batman's 'other' car AND Cooper SD F55 5 Door in Team VO - 'The Vish'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 11-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Garage
Think you're wrong. Vis boost gets subwoofers just the std system doesn't but may be wrong. With xl you get sat nav and excitement modes plus you can have the head up display. Would need to research this though as I may be wrong!
Sunster likes this.

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
post #3 of 25 Old 11-04-2014, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Garage
Visual boost
* 6.5" TFT screen
* Joystick with left and right motion and rotate only

Optional - MINI Navigation system:
* No split screen functionality
* Joystick has up and down as well.

Media XL
* 8.8" TFT widescreen
* Split screen navigation
* 3D landmarks
* Joystick with handwriting recognition pad on top
* Video (AVI, MP4) playback when handbrake is on
* 20GB hard drive for storing music

It may be worth noting that I think the "Extended Bluetooth" option is only a hundred pounds more than Visual Boost and - as well as including VB - also includes the enhanced Bluetooth with audio transfer, and a front armrest with fitment for a snap in adapter.

Proudly driving my JCW'd up Orange Cooper

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 11-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Garage
That;s what I was trying to say but didn't have the time to find out! Thanks Profiteroles-did you research it or did you just know it, from spending so long deciding (if so am v impressed with your knowledge)! I reckon one or two of us may well know more than mini sales people! But not me on this occasion!!!! J I seem to have become an expert on all things winter wheels/tyres and tpms !!! Reluctantly I have to say!
Midnight Black likes this.

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
post #5 of 25 Old 11-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Hat

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by profiteroles View Post

It may be worth noting that I think the "Extended Bluetooth" option is only a hundred pounds more than Visual Boost and - as well as including VB - also includes the enhanced Bluetooth with audio transfer, and a front armrest with fitment for a snap in adapter.
you're correct here. If you are speccing visual boost it's well worth going for Extended Bluetooth as you essentially get a free armrest.

dont ask me what th difference is between standard & extended bluetooth though
post #6 of 25 Old 11-04-2014, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat View Post
you're correct here. If you are speccing visual boost it's well worth going for Extended Bluetooth as you essentially get a free armrest.

dont ask me what th difference is between standard & extended bluetooth though

Standard - one phone at a time, phone calls only

Enhances - two phones at once, SMS messages and calendars displayed in "Office" option on screen. Also allows you to play music via Bluetooth from a supported phone.

Jeremy - Fevio had VB + Nav + Enh BT, and Luke has Media XL... so I can directly compare the two having owned both

Media XL is definitely worth the extra, because VB+Nav+Enh BT is about 900 and Media XL is 1175 with Chili or JCW packs.

Proudly driving my JCW'd up Orange Cooper

post #7 of 25 Old 11-04-2014, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Visual Boost does come with the under the seat subwoofers. I have Visual Boost and have physically seen them on the floor when moving the seat back. However I have no proof that they actually work as I have never played music with my ear to them or anything, and currently I don't have my car here to check. But the sound is full enough that I am confident that they do work, plus MINI isn't in the habit of adding things and removing the usage of them.

As for the Extended Bluetooth allowing music playback over Bluetooth. I have that function without actually having the Extended Bluetooth. I never opted for it, I don't have the armrest that they force you to take, but I do have music playback as confirmed by my own tests and similarly by BMW while trying to replicate my stereo issues. I suspect it is there for everyone but they don't advertise it.
post #8 of 25 Old 11-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Hat

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Garage
Much bigger price difference if you dont want nav though...
post #9 of 25 Old 11-04-2014, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Great information! Thanks.

I didn't know I can play movies! I should break out the manual. ;-)

Funny, I just went back to the configurator and my car is $250 less to buy it today. :-O Go figure.

JP
post #10 of 25 Old 11-04-2014, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Gutted to find out visual boost added subwoofers. I would've really like that if I'd known.
Also wanted the centre armrest and forgot to find out I could have got it within another pack for added value is also annoying.
(It's an F 55, though. So I got two extra
doors for 600 quid!😋).
Shigaman likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page