User Tag List

9Likes

post #1 of 25 Old 01-07-2015, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Engine light on :(

Good morning all,

I've been driving my 2015 Mini for 2 months now and am completely sold on it... What a fantastic drive.
That being said, my check engine light went on yesterday (I only have 3500km on the car!)
When I do all system checks available through the main menu, it tells me everything is fine. The car feels fine - maybe a bit sluggish but I don't know if it's my imagination.
I'll be bringing it in as it's obviously still under warranty, but I'm just wondering if many others have experienced this and what it could be.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 01-07-2015, 08:21 AM
uke

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
If the car is running OK, it's likely either a sensor is getting flaky, or, believe it or not, the GAS CAP is loose.

Double check the gas cap and see if that fixes it.
Sunster, G_Russ and MCSMTL like this.
post #3 of 25 Old 01-07-2015, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks!

post #4 of 25 Old 01-31-2015, 12:48 PM

What was the issue ultimately? My gf has 4000 miles on a 2-month old mini and had the engine light come on yesterday. I told her to check the gas cap and she did many times, she's not very happy having paid so much and when she called multiple dealers yesterday no one was willing to even see her until next week. With her work and long hours it's very difficult to get her car to a dealer, she starts before they open and leaves after they close.

Anyone else have this happen? Any insight? I've checked the oil, all statuses are OK in the computer, seems to drive great (a little too great!
post #5 of 25 Old 01-31-2015, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
If your CEL is on, even if the car is driving correctly, definitely still take it to a dealer. You might just want to show up at one, as they may allow you to leave it with them, and take a loaner until they can solve the issue.
post #6 of 25 Old 01-31-2015, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Same since yesterday. Engine light is on... A vehicle check shows that everyhing is ok. Nothing feels off.

Is it just me or the new minis are flaky
post #7 of 25 Old 01-31-2015, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimtl View Post
Same since yesterday. Engine light is on... A vehicle check shows that everyhing is ok. Nothing feels off.

Is it just me or the new minis are flaky
As uke mentioned it might be the gas cap, first try to unscrew and screw it back on. This happened to me a few times with my 2011 mini.
post #8 of 25 Old 01-31-2015, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Tried that. No luck.
post #9 of 25 Old 01-31-2015, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
Good morning all,

I've been driving my 2015 Mini for 2 months now and am completely sold on it... What a fantastic drive.
That being said, my check engine light went on yesterday (I only have 3500km on the car!)
When I do all system checks available through the main menu, it tells me everything is fine. The car feels fine - maybe a bit sluggish but I don't know if it's my imagination.
I'll be bringing it in as it's obviously still under warranty, but I'm just wondering if many others have experienced this and what it could be.

Thanks!

Same thing happened to my wife's new coupe. She received it in August and on one of the first real cold days here in Canada (winter) during the month of December, we had the same issue as you (appears to be the same issue)... Ours was a faulty engine thermostat. The car was sluggish when I was driving it, and when I felt that, the engine light went on. It felt like something was holding me back. Not sure if this is your issue...but others also might be onto something as well....gook luck !..,,take it into the dealer to read the code in order to fix the issue under warranty. Thermostat was replaced, all normal after that. 2 years later and 3 real cold Canadian winters, everything is fine...fingers crossed.
post #10 of 25 Old 01-31-2015, 06:16 PM

After talking to a bunch of service people she got hold of a manager that let us take the car in and got us a free rental from a place down the street. They're going to service the car on Monday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page