User Tag List

103Likes

post #1 of 312 Old 02-09-2015, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
Please list your faults (and fixes)

Beginning to fall out of love with this car, seriously. So many things just aren't up to standard. I'm about to list my issues, and please, if anyone else has issues that are either rectified or still unresolved can you post them? It would be good to have them in one place so that things can be easy to find?

My MCS, registered June 2014 suffers the following......

1. Rear suspension knock. 99% sure it's the drivers side. Currently being investigated by my dealer ... well it was in 4 weeks ago for them to not find a fault but order in Chassis ears to try and pinpoint a problem. STILL waiting for hear from them ... I could have bought Chassis ears off Amazon and had them delivered in less than a week? What's the hold up???

2. Window seals - opening the windows leave the windows wet/smeared and they dry to a fog. I, almost daily at the moment, have to go out and clean the insides with glass cleaner. I curse when I forget and open the window!

3. Brakes are continually grinding. Perform fine under harsh braking - no pull, shudder but are continuously grinding under light pressure.

4. Paint rubbed off the driver's door pillar .... down to the grey undercoat - door needs rehung and now a respray of the door pillar. Just noticed this today. (Straw that broke the camel's back)

So come on guys, post away.......
pjsjr13 and jakflash29 like this.

----------------
IT'S HERE.......Team Volcanic Orange
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 312 Old 02-09-2015, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
No faults with my car built in July apart from a slight rubbing mark on the door jam caused by the rubber seal.
car has covered 9k miles now - delighted with it.
marcialm likes this.
post #3 of 312 Old 02-09-2015, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenl View Post
rubbing mark on the door jam caused by the rubber seal.
Did they rehang the door and repaint/touch up?

mine has just turned 6000 miles......

----------------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 312 Old 02-09-2015, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Garage
Cooper non S, 5500 miles. May 2014 build.

Occasional light rear end clonk over bumps.

If I leave the handbrake on overnight, I get the brake rubbing noise which can last for some time until it wears off, as I am a light braker.

B post rubbing problem, but rubbed down the offending coarse abrasive rubber fillet piece on the door to smooth it, and applied some clear body wrap to the pillar to prevent the paint getting scratched.

mpg is fine, but not as good as advertised.

water draining out of hatch when opened, over rear lights etc.

sometimes squeak from front windows rubbing on top door seal.

Nothing dramatic, so far. Lets hope it lasts!
post #5 of 312 Old 02-09-2015, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
I haven't had anything done about the slight rub marks as it is very minor. Just keeping an eye on it.
post #6 of 312 Old 02-09-2015, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I'll take a photo of mine today and let you see it.......

----------------
post #7 of 312 Old 02-09-2015, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
I know what you mean about the door seals, i always get smudge/smear marks down the window aswell ! Annoying !!!!
post #8 of 312 Old 02-09-2015, 07:45 AM
uke

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
1900 miles, mcs petrol. No issues at all so far.

Well, one thing. I washed it yesterday for the first time. Lots of annoying nooks and crannies for water to collect. Makes drying challenging.

Other than than, nothing. A great car.
vegbiker and jeremybingham like this.
post #9 of 312 Old 02-09-2015, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaj1dlh View Post
Beginning to fall out of love with this car, seriously. So many things just aren't up to standard. I'm about to list my issues, and please, if anyone else has issues that are either rectified or still unresolved can you post them? It would be good to have them in one place so that things can be easy to find?

So come on guys, post away.......
Hi Donna, sorry to hear this.

That's me just over 7000 miles now and to some degree I'm also suffering from:

2) I tend to only open the window maybe 50% so doesn't bug me as much, and on the drivers side it's mainly towards the back of the window. For some reason I think this was also an R56 problem, so don't know if there's a known fix. Having said that it's no worse than my golf was at this time of year.
3) I've had this off/on for a few weeks, and was bad yesterday after I washed the car twice on Saturday. After warning my passengers I did a couple of emergency stop type manouvres and this seems to have done the trick, although I'm not a heavy braker so didn't enjoy it.
4) Both sides are showing a dulling of the paint, but looks pretty light and should polish off.

Hope JC remove the digit and get your suspension looked at soon.

Mike
donnaj1dlh and Sunster like this.

Last edited by mikeswagon; 02-09-2015 at 08:10 AM. Reason: to include mileage
post #10 of 312 Old 02-09-2015, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That's very interesting Mike! Have you thought about raising these issues too? The more people comment about these things then the more likely something will be done. (This is particularly relevant to us since we have the same dealer).

What I notice about the smeary windows....the inside rubber doesn't have that velvety bit like my Peugeots had - it obviously did a better job of clearing the window. It's actually quite dangerous when it gets like that, especially in dark driving, it obscures your vision quite a bit.

It's going through my head today that PERHAPS the knock is due to the door not hanging correctly? Sounds can be deceptive......
I had the car up on jacks AGAIN at the weekend and found that I have a bolt/washer missing from the heatshield on the rear passenger side near the wheel arch lining and it definitely hits the suspension. Steve didn't have a bolt that matched the thread.

IF ONLY I COULD GET THROUGH TO THE SERVICE DEPT! Arghhhhhh.......

----------------

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page