Horn Honk w/ key lock - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum
User Tag List

17Likes

post #1 of 26 Old 02-17-2015, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Question Horn Honk w/ key lock

I've always found it odd that my F55 didn't honk the horn when I leave the car and push the lock button on my key. I finally went through my settings today and the manual says there should be an option to have a visual or audible notification when locking the car.

I went to my car's settings and I only see the option to check/uncheck the visual notification. Is the audible notification specific to a model or package?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	1030
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	12922  

2015 MINI Cooper S 5-Door
Midnight Black

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 02-17-2015, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
I have never owned a MINI with a horn 'honk' when locking or unlocking (and I am on number 8), and I would be very pee'd off if any of my neighbours cars did especially at night.
jeremybingham and uke like this.

Volcanic Orange Cooper D, Chilli, LED's Park Assit + camera, heated screen, NBT + Visual boost, arm rest.
post #3 of 26 Old 02-17-2015, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Don't do it! When I have stayed I hotels in the US honking horns are an annoyance. I imagine your neighbours would agree late at night.
jeremybingham and hotrunner like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 02-17-2015, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman dave View Post
I have never owned a MINI with a horn 'honk' when locking or unlocking (and I am on number 8), and I would be very pee'd off if any of my neighbours cars did especially at night.
maybe it sounds wierd to you, but there is many countrys where all of the cars honk when locking, i do get your point though and im actually loving the fact that my mini doesnt, although sometime i cant remember if i locked it or not lol
post #5 of 26 Old 02-17-2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Maybe it's a feature standard to the U.S. only, but I think it's extremely common for any car to beep the horn once very quickly when the car has been locked from the key fob.

It's also clearly mentioned in the manual, so that's where my confusion lies...
crobson1969 likes this.

2015 MINI Cooper S 5-Door
Midnight Black

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 26 Old 02-17-2015, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Common yes but a P.I.T.A :-)
jeremybingham likes this.
post #7 of 26 Old 02-17-2015, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Garage
Totally agree , on our American holidays clowns in car parks locking cars drove us nuts .they seem obsessed with it over there.

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
post #8 of 26 Old 02-17-2015, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Almost every car around here in Florida at least seems to honk when locked. My MINI doesn't however, it beeps instead of honking. I think this may have something to do with it being equipped with the alarm system.
post #9 of 26 Old 02-17-2015, 05:42 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
My wife's Audi has a nice beep on locking. I would be ok with a beep. Don't want a horn honk. That's one thing that bugs me about the two VWs we have for our kids. They honk loudly and you can't turn it off!
uke likes this.
post #10 of 26 Old 02-17-2015, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
The audible locking is only optioned when you order the alarm system. It beeps just like a BMW (digital beep not a honk) two times to unlock and one time to lock. It is only with the alarm because the alarm siren adds the speaker that makes the audible noises when locking/unlocking. The alarm system also adds the interior motion sensor, vehicle tilt sensor, a panic button on the remote fob, and the alarm notification light under the rear view mirror. It is not a popular option in the US, but totally worth the $500 for what you get.
aLaRoche likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page