User Tag List

37Likes

post #1 of 55 Old 03-18-2015, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Garage
Cold Air Intake for F56

Has anybody installed a Cold Air Intake yet on the F56? I was looking at this one here and would like to get some Feedback pls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn6F...ature=youtu.be

AIRVIP 4 : F56 Mini Cooper 1.5L/2.0L Air Intake for 2014 + Models

AIRVIP 4: VCP is the first to bring out a cool air intake system for the new Mini's. The kit comes with a K&N high flow air filter. CNC machined intake tube , 304 stainless steel brackets, clamps and all hardware needed to let your Cooper breathe right. Laser cut and powder coated 6061 aluminum air box with removable top cover to access the filter for cleaning. The top cover keeps the cool air (which comes from the O.E.M. fresh air tube) trapped. Thus reducing intake temperatures. We also pull air in from the side of the drivers headlight (U.S. spec cars) All our parts are made from the highest quality materials. Complete unit finished in texture black. Don't settle for second best.

KIT INCLUDES

1. K&N WASHABLE AIR FILTER

2. BILLET CNC MACHINED MAF TUBE

3. LASER CUT ALUMINUM TOP AIRBOX

4. LASER CUT ALUMINUM TOP COVER

5. ALL MOUNTING HARDWARE

6. INSTALL SHEETS
pjsjr13 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is not "Old School" if you can not put a Weber on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 03-18-2015, 08:03 PM
R99

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I have the GruppeM carbon intake - sounds amazing!
Evlkarl likes this.
post #3 of 55 Old 03-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Garage
I have the AIRVIP. So far so good. Easy install. good Bang for the Buck
Evlkarl likes this.

Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 Old 03-19-2015, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Garage
I think it's worth noting for anyone reading this thread that the way the F56 is designed, an intake provides very little performance enhancement. The extra noise is cool, but don't expect more than a couple HP increase.

That being said, I had an AIRVIP on my CM and loved it. It looked good, easy to install, even for someone as mechanicially inept as me, and the extra sounds I got out of it made my ride that much more enjoyable (whooOOOOSH.....PSSSSSSS!)

WayMotorWorks makes a simple intake that basically just adapts the stock intake pipe so it can accept a cone filter. You get the extra noise at a cheaper price ($150 USD)
Evlkarl likes this.

CURRENT MINI: 2015 Cooper S F55 - "Capella" - Pepper White - Black roof/sport stripes - Black Punch Seats - JCW Ext/Int Kits - Wired/Wired Up/Premium/Cold Packages - Connected XL - DDC - LED Headlights w/Cornering - Park Assist
STATUS: Ordered - 1/16, In Production - 1/23, Completed - 2/3,At Sea - 2/12, Arrival to Port - 3/4, At Dealer - 3/17
Retired:2011 True Blue CM S All4 - "Tachikoma"
post #5 of 55 Old 03-19-2015, 07:21 PM
R99

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I agree with your point about the performance gains - expect nothing.

My GruppeM had a before and after dyno and made the same as stock!

However, noise wise its a different animal compared to the VIP or NM intakes. Much louder (from the videos I have seen of the two I mention) and I know people on NAM are disappointed with the noise (or lack of) from the NM.

Plus the GruppeM looks awesome as its carbon!
siriuszero likes this.
post #6 of 55 Old 03-19-2015, 08:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R99 View Post
I agree with your point about the performance gains - expect nothing.

My GruppeM had a before and after dyno and made the same as stock!

However, noise wise its a different animal compared to the VIP or NM intakes. Much louder (from the videos I have seen of the two I mention) and I know people on NAM are disappointed with the noise (or lack of) from the NM.

Plus the GruppeM looks awesome as its carbon!

Ah, I've seen the video of the GruppeM - music to my earholes! Also, you are correct - can't go wrong with anything carbon fiber!

Interesting about the NM - The VIP video I saw, it definitely sounded louder. You could hear the blowoff pretty clearly.

I wonder how much a difference noise-wise the WMW intake makes. Since the point of a intake on a F56 is not for performance, it would be for noise enhancement and/or looks. While the WMW intake is not pretty at all compared to the alternatives, it is the cheapest by far so if the noise is there, it may be the best deal out there.

CURRENT MINI: 2015 Cooper S F55 - "Capella" - Pepper White - Black roof/sport stripes - Black Punch Seats - JCW Ext/Int Kits - Wired/Wired Up/Premium/Cold Packages - Connected XL - DDC - LED Headlights w/Cornering - Park Assist
STATUS: Ordered - 1/16, In Production - 1/23, Completed - 2/3,At Sea - 2/12, Arrival to Port - 3/4, At Dealer - 3/17
post #7 of 55 Old 03-19-2015, 08:11 PM

Garage
To correct my previous post, the price of the WMW intake is $179 + $12 for shipping, not $150. Not as cheap as I posted, but still notably cheaper than the other F56 intakes.

WMW Intake: http://www.waymotorworks.com/wmw-int...-f56-mini.html

Last edited by siriuszero; 03-19-2015 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added link
post #8 of 55 Old 03-19-2015, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Garage
Thank you for all your Input.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is not "Old School" if you can not put a Weber on it.
post #9 of 55 Old 03-19-2015, 11:11 PM
uke

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
I love it. BMW spent gazillions of dollars making the car sound just right, including Active Sound. And here we are ripping all that lovingly crafted acoustic engineering off and slapping a random aftermarket go-somewhat-faster-noisily device on it. Yeah! That'll show those engineers!

Funny how obsessed we are with sound. What's up with that?
Evlkarl and gavalu like this.
post #10 of 55 Old 03-20-2015, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by uke View Post
I love it. BMW spent gazillions of dollars making the car sound just right, including Active Sound. And here we are ripping all that lovingly crafted acoustic engineering off and slapping a random aftermarket go-somewhat-faster-noisily device on it. Yeah! That'll show those engineers!

Funny how obsessed we are with sound. What's up with that?
Not a clue. I've always considered excessive sound a detriment, not a bonus.

But then again, if I could afford a Tesla, that's what I'd be driving...
starlily likes this.

Volcanic Orange F55, black mirrors roof and bonnet stripes, Fully Loaded Package plus Wired Upgrade and Sat Radio.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page