Rattle Fixes - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum
User Tag List

5Likes

post #1 of 11 Old 03-25-2015, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Rattle Fixes

I have fixed two and so far the car is now quiet from any annoying rattly buzzy noises. I have had a buzzy sound from the rear of the car for some time but it had got increasingly louder. Found it was the parcel shelf buzzing in the slots. Removed it and replaced it with some blue tack in the slots, now fixed. Plasticky sounding rattle which i thought was at the rear, discovered it was the buckle of the passenger seatbelt rattling against the door pillar. Currently i just fasten the seatbelt into the slot which as cured this for now.

Any one else with rattle fixes??

Pepper White Cooper Hatch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-25-2015, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindo View Post

Any one else with rattle fixes??
earplugs???

The MINI has many rattles unfortunately, which saddens me for a high end German product.
I have something rattling inside my driver door panel - like a cable hitting something (more of a vibration than a rattle) but my dealer was in there trying to clean up my window smears. I think a panel clip may be loose.

An annoying rattle from the passenger side - turned out to be the roof grab handle needed tightening. The plastic trims on the door pillar (where the seatbelts are located) are also loose and prone to rattle - a bit of scrunched up paper fixed that.

After my suspension knock, I'm aware of every single noise (although the actual suspension has been fixed)...

----------------
IT'S HERE.......Team Volcanic Orange
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-25-2015, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaj1dlh View Post
earplugs???

The MINI has many rattles unfortunately, which saddens me for a high end German product.
I have something rattling inside my driver door panel - like a cable hitting something (more of a vibration than a rattle) but my dealer was in there trying to clean up my window smears. I think a panel clip may be loose.

An annoying rattle from the passenger side - turned out to be the roof grab handle needed tightening. The plastic trims on the door pillar (where the seatbelts are located) are also loose and prone to rattle - a bit of scrunched up paper fixed that.

After my suspension knock, I'm aware of every single noise (although the actual suspension has been fixed)...
how did you get them off to wedge the scrunched up paper behind?

Proudly driving my JCW'd up Orange Cooper

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-26-2015, 05:13 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by profiteroles View Post
how did you get them off to wedge the scrunched up paper behind?
You don't really need to, there is a decent gap (I made sure I found a nice bit of black paper #OCD )

If you tap that panel near the top if does make a bit of racket.....
profiteroles, QMark and BearsFan34 like this.

----------------
IT'S HERE.......Team Volcanic Orange
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-26-2015, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
I am going to try that black scrunched paper trick. I have that annoying ruzzle (combined buzz and rattle) from the driver side seatbelt mount. I only tend to hear it when I am not driving, though: which is more me than the car.

With the rattles/door rubs/suspension issues/thin paint/poor finish etc etc I think it is fair to say that the longer established forumites here seem a little less happy with the car than at the beginning...apart from Jeremy, that is! :-)

I guess that is always the risk with early adopters.
I find I only pop in to see what else has gone wrong recently, that I then need to look out for in my own car, which is a bit disappointing...
jeremybingham likes this.
post #6 of 11 Old 03-26-2015, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry!
QMark likes this.

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
post #7 of 11 Old 04-11-2015, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Just fixed my 3rd rattle. Now this one has plagued me for a few weeks now. It was a grindy buzzy sound heard from the rear seats mainly when at lower revs. I discovered the sound was coming from the latch where the rear seats click into. Not sure if it was from both rear seat latches, but cured it using the ubiquitous blue tack. Wrapped some around both the metal latches that the rear seats click into and voila, no rattle. Blue tack also inserted into the slots where the parcel shelf clicks into. The car is now rattle free, well for now anyway

Pepper White Cooper Hatch
post #8 of 11 Old 08-03-2016, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Hi all,

My driver side seatbelt mount pillar has an annoying rattle that I would like to fix. I see that you guys fixed it by using paper, but how did you do this specifically?

Did you remove the pillar and stuff the paper behind? Or did you just some wedge some in paper in the side underneath the rubber door seal?

Thanks,
Harvey

MINI One
-Midnight Black
-Black Bonnet Stripes
-Pepper Pack
-Darkened Rear Glass
-Chrome Line Interior/Exterior
-Visual Boost
post #9 of 11 Old 08-03-2016, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I haven't noticed any rattles. I did notice a slight buzz while stopped at a red light once, but have not noticed it as of late.
post #10 of 11 Old 08-04-2016, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BearsFan34 Send a message via Skype™ to BearsFan34
The one that's bugging me is the loud (to me) *squeak* whenever I engage the clutch. This happened to my better half's 2015 MC, and we thought it was the clutch pedal/assembly. Had her car in several times until they figured it out: it's the driver's seat that makes the squeaking noise every.single.time. the clutch pedal is pressed.

I'm not sure what the dealership did to fix it, but her seat hasn't squeaked even once since they "fixed" it, about 4-5 months now.

My 2016 MC is exhibiting this now too. Every time I press the clutch, *squeak*. Driving around Chicago with all the horrible traffic, you can imagine how annoying that is (even with music/podcasts playing…I can still hear it). I sat oddly in the seat a few times in an empty parking lot to test, to see if it really was the seat or the clutch pedal; it's definitely the driver's seat.

Suppose I could try to fix the driver's seat myself, but…I have no clue where to start.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page