User Tag List

post #1 of 13 Old 04-03-2015, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Retro fitting rear parking sensors?

Hi All,

Me and my wife are wondering if we can get rear parking sensors retro fitted or are they factory only?

And if so how much more than the £260 will it cost?

Happy Easter All.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-03-2015, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Mini make an official F56 rear PDC retrofit kit (below) which costs £94 plus then you need new 'black bands' to house the sensors at £64 and then add labour costs on top.

As it's an official kit (with a fitting time), your dealer should be able to give you a fixed price quote.
post #3 of 13 Old 04-03-2015, 02:55 PM
uke

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Does that retro kit require one of the Expen$ive Option$ Package$?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-03-2015, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angib View Post
Mini make an official F56 rear PDC retrofit kit (below) which costs £94 plus then you need new 'black bands' to house the sensors at £64 and then add labour costs on top.

As it's an official kit (with a fitting time), your dealer should be able to give you a fixed price quote.
Do you have more info on this retrofit kit? It's the first I've heard of it.

I assume Visual Boost is needed at minimum, but I don't see the PMA module anywhere on there either. The PDC system is managed by a special module that is mounted in the rear. You would also have to get new rear trim as you can't just drill holes in the existing trim - they wont' fit right.

CURRENT MINI: 2015 Cooper S F55 - "Capella" - Pepper White - Black roof/sport stripes - Black Punch Seats - JCW Ext/Int Kits - Wired/Wired Up/Premium/Cold Packages - Connected XL - DDC - LED Headlights w/Cornering - Park Assist
STATUS: Ordered - 1/16, In Production - 1/23, Completed - 2/3,At Sea - 2/12, Arrival to Port - 3/4, At Dealer - 3/17
Retired:2011 True Blue CM S All4 - "Tachikoma"
post #5 of 13 Old 04-03-2015, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for this I will call the dealer tomorrow
post #6 of 13 Old 04-04-2015, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you get a price from your dealer for these to be retrofitted.

Thanks
post #7 of 13 Old 04-04-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriuszero View Post
Do you have more info on this retrofit kit?
Click on the diagram to go to the Real OEM page for a European F56. If you search for parts on a USA F56, the retrofit kit isn't shown, so maybe it's Yurpeen only.

Quote:
I assume Visual Boost is needed at minimum, but I don't see the PMA module anywhere on there either.
Presumably it would still work audibly without the 'radar' picture on Visual Boost. The link says a PDC control unit is needed, but then it says PDC sensors are needed too, so who knows what's in the retrofit kit. If it's £94 for just a wiring harness and connectors, the total bill is going to be mighty expensive. But then we knew that already......

Quote:
You would also have to get new rear trim as you can't just drill holes in the existing trim - they wont' fit right.
Mini call that the 'black band', priced above.
post #8 of 13 Old 04-04-2015, 03:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Click on the diagram to go to the Real OEM page for a European F56. If you search for parts on a USA F56, the retrofit kit isn't shown, so maybe it's Yurpeen only.
Could be.

Quote:
Presumably it would still work audibly without the 'radar' picture on Visual Boost. The link says a PDC control unit is needed, but then it says PDC sensors are needed too, so who knows what's in the retrofit kit. If it's £94 for just a wiring harness and connectors, the total bill is going to be mighty expensive. But then we knew that already......
If it's connecting to the headunit anyway (for the audio), I don't see why it wouldn't show the "radar".

Quote:
Mini call that the 'black band', priced above.
Is that what they are for? I wonder how they mount, because they still need to be plugged in to work so how does the wiring get routed? RealOEM's description does say something about the trim isn't included and must be ordered separately.

CURRENT MINI: 2015 Cooper S F55 - "Capella" - Pepper White - Black roof/sport stripes - Black Punch Seats - JCW Ext/Int Kits - Wired/Wired Up/Premium/Cold Packages - Connected XL - DDC - LED Headlights w/Cornering - Park Assist
STATUS: Ordered - 1/16, In Production - 1/23, Completed - 2/3,At Sea - 2/12, Arrival to Port - 3/4, At Dealer - 3/17
post #9 of 13 Old 04-05-2015, 04:36 AM

Quote:
If it's connecting to the headunit anyway (for the audio), I don't see why it wouldn't show the "radar".
You're responding to what I wrote, not what I meant to write. Which was that even without Visual Boost, I presume the audio warning would still work - after all, most cars don't have the radar display.
post #10 of 13 Old 04-06-2015, 03:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
You're responding to what I wrote, not what I meant to write. Which was that even without Visual Boost, I presume the audio warning would still work - after all, most cars don't have the radar display.
That would be interesting if that was the case.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page