User Tag List

22Likes

post #1 of 65 Old 07-26-2015, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Garage
Question Cargo Net

Does the cargo net you can buy at the dealer fit right into the std. storage compartment in the boot? I have 4 black round tabs on the sides that look like where the net may attach. Just checking before I buy one.

Thanks,

John

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
JCW, 3 Door Hardtop, Manual

Midnight Black Metallic w/JCW Bonnet Stripes, 18" Cup Spoke Wheels, JCW Dinamica Sport Seats, HK Sound System, LED Driving/Rally Lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 Old 07-26-2015, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fanatic View Post
Does the cargo net you can buy at the dealer fit right into the std. storage compartment in the boot? I have 4 black round tabs on the sides that look like where the net may attach. Just checking before I buy one.

Thanks,

John
I think that you need to order the storage package cause the movable floor on the boot has 5 plastic attachments to secure the net on the back on that section, I found out about this the hard way, my dealer included the net but I don't have those attachments to use it. :/

PS the photo is not mine I found it on google but you get the idea
derekh929 likes this.

Last edited by Jm32; 07-26-2015 at 10:28 PM.
post #3 of 65 Old 07-26-2015, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks....I need to investigate this a little bit more. I see that net, but it operates a bit different than what I'd expect to use a net for. Honestly, I really don't see the purpose of a net attached like it the pic. Seems that it would work best to hold things "down" that are in the bottom compartment from moving about, not store flat things on the lid.

I wonder if there is another style net that can attach to the sides of the compartment, since I see 4 black tabs (1 on each side and 2 on the rear panel that look like something could attach to them. I suppose I could make a net work there if MINI doesn't make a net to attache that way.

The "Floor Net" I see in the dealer accessories information appears to attach to the sides of the floor compartment, but not where I found the black tabs.....so, maybe the floor compartment needs to be modified with brackets for the net?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
JCW, 3 Door Hardtop, Manual

Midnight Black Metallic w/JCW Bonnet Stripes, 18" Cup Spoke Wheels, JCW Dinamica Sport Seats, HK Sound System, LED Driving/Rally Lights

Last edited by 02fanatic; 07-26-2015 at 11:04 PM.

post #4 of 65 Old 07-26-2015, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fanatic View Post
Thanks....I need to investigate this a little bit more. I see that net, but it operates a bit different than what I'd expect to use a net for. Honestly, I really don't see the purpose of a net attached like it the pic. Seems that it would work best to hold things "down" that are in the bottom compartment from moving about, not store flat things on the lid.
The net stretches a lot so you could easily store more than just flat things, for example I have a can of tire sealer and other tool that could go there but yes there has to be other options cause I also have the rings that you mention and so far I have no clue about how or what is needed to use them
post #5 of 65 Old 07-27-2015, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
There is a elasticated net which fits to four rings in the corners of the boot. I have the storage pack with false floor and the net fits about 2 inches above the flap when it is down. I do not know if the four 'D' rings are on all cars or part of the storage pack. Hope this helps
post #6 of 65 Old 07-27-2015, 03:00 AM
Hat

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Garage
the chromed D rings are there regardless of the storage pack. this net will stretch and attach to those D rings as well as on the back of the storage pack false floor as pictured above.

One of the halves of the net is actually double skinned and sealed at the side to form a bag
post #7 of 65 Old 07-27-2015, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Interesting this, my F56 JCW did not come with the cargo net. When I spoke to the dealer they gave me a new net but I then discovered that the boot board does not have the pre formed fixings on the underside.

I had these on my MCS F56 which was the same spec as the JCW some I'm wondering if Mini in some way have changed this?.
post #8 of 65 Old 07-27-2015, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Has anyone a list of all the missing stuff on the 2016 cars I noted the net , side sun visor, dash compartment , is there anything else that has been deleted as drafting up email to mini as my order had said I would have all these things on mine so will be asking them to look at sorting it out as they should have informed me they had changed this, not that im not delighted with the car that is was looking forward to have dash compartment that I did not have on our R56.
Also has anyone had any success with mini re goodwill gesture due to this, thanks Derek
post #9 of 65 Old 07-27-2015, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
The net that fits on the lower face of the storage pack floor will not fit above on the 4 D rings as it has buttons on the mount straps that fit into keyhole slots in the floor. The net you need to fit in the upper area of the boot is P/N 51470010565 which has hooks on the 4 corners and it has a lot of stretch in it.
derekh929 likes this.
post #10 of 65 Old 07-27-2015, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Is that the part code for F56 ? as by pictures the hooks are on floor rather than in corners in our car? Or is the net stayed the same as suitable for F56 as well

Last edited by derekh929; 07-27-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page