User Tag List

284Likes

post #1 of 290 Old 03-11-2016, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Rejection No. 2

Hey guys,

Quick update, I've decided to go full steam ahead at rejecting my second F56 due to my latest visit to the dealership service department today.

My first visit involved:

- Steering SZL replacement
- Folding mirror motor adjustments (that lasted a week at most)

The second visit (today) involved:

- Both mirror motors need replacing (parts not readily available, not booked until the parts are available)
- Squeaking rear suspensions noise was found to be a misaligned tailgate, the stops and catch were adjusted and the noise has gone.
- Paint rub on doors booked in on Tuesday 15th March to have rectified.

In no shape of the imagination is this acceptable for me, I will have had a total of four visits by the time everything's fixed in less than three months of ownership. COMPLETE JOKE, especially considering this is the replacement of a car rejected on the same premise and principle.

In regards to the door rubs, Williams in Stockport told me my car was fitted with new seals in factory production that were meant to eradicate this from happening... However the seals still rub the paint off, they're going to replace them with new of the same and put a protective film over the inside of the door. AGAIN no proper fix this. Also my mum's JCW has this issue, so I'm pretty sure all F56 will have this issue.

I'll keep you updated, if you're actually interested anymore...
samuelfursov likes this.

Former Owner: 2016 F56 Cooper SD - S A/T, Midnight Black, Black Roof & Mirrors, 17" Cosmos Alloys in Black, Cloth/Leatherette Black Pearl Carbon Seats, Piano Black Trim, Carbon Black Colour Line, Chili Pack, Enhanced Bluetooth with USB Audio, Centre Armrest, Chrome Line Interior, Anthracite Headlining, H/K, Visual Boost, Sun Protection Glass, LED Headlights, Folding Mirrors, Model Deletion.

Born: 10th Dec '15 | Delivery: 23rd Dec '15 | Glorious Miles: 11,999 | Rejected: 9th March '17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 290 Old 03-11-2016, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
It's important for people to share their experiences, both good and bad in a forum such as this. The hope is that anyone else having the same or similar difficulties can gain some useful advice and guidance.

The best of luck to you in your quest!
brandonbardsley likes this.
post #3 of 290 Old 03-11-2016, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
What is the problem with your steering exactly?

The doorrubbers protective film will solve this problem i think. At the most they will need to replace that in a couple of years. And what is the problem with your mirrors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 290 Old 03-11-2016, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe I am missing something... But rejecting a car because some 3M film needs to be applied, some rubber stoppers realigned and a 'nice to have' feature of folding mirrors needs replaced when a part comes in? Sounds crazy to me. I thought that rejection legislation was for people sold lemons, with severe or unfixable mechanical issues. The more whatzits and gizmos you have on any car, the more likely there will be some faults, and MINI's have a ton of extras. Maybe a base model Corolla with manual windows and locks would prove more reliable?

That being said I didn't follow your with rejection, so maybe it's a last straw kind of situation
hotrunner and FB1 like this.

pepper white/chilli red JCW. Sept. 28 - JCW ordered / Oct. 14 built / Oct 19 shipped / Nov 27 delivered

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 290 Old 03-11-2016, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromedary View Post
Maybe I am missing something... But rejecting a car because some 3M film needs to be applied, some rubber stoppers realigned and a 'nice to have' feature of folding mirrors needs replaced when a part comes in? Sounds crazy to me. I thought that rejection legislation was for people sold lemons, with severe or unfixable mechanical issues. The more whatzits and gizmos you have on any car, the more likely there will be some faults, and MINI's have a ton of extras. Maybe a base model Corolla with manual windows and locks would prove more reliable?

That being said I didn't follow your with rejection, so maybe it's a last straw kind of situation
I had a Cooper D last year that had a long list of issues that I rejected, MINI offered me a contribution towards a factory order as a replacement so I ordered my SD.

- My steering wheel grinded and creaked upon any sort of operation, they replaced the SZL which is the entire unit that houses the stalks for the indicators and windscreen wipers.
- My folding mirrors grind and judder on operation, they applied lubricant and adjusted the motors. Not fixed, therefore are being replaced when parts become available.
- I thought my rear suspension was squeaking, however the technician found that it was my tailgate that was causing the noise - adjusted the stops and catch on the tailgate to rectify.
- Door rub, self explanatory.

The premise of me rejecting this car is that this time I put a £3000 deposit down to make the payments the same as my previous Cooper D that didn't require a deposit. Therefore the principle of me getting a replacement vehicle for a car that was rejected last year for continually having issues still stands and unfortunately I've only had the car two and a bit months and things have been wrong from the day I picked it up. That's not ok in my book.

Former Owner: 2016 F56 Cooper SD - S A/T, Midnight Black, Black Roof & Mirrors, 17" Cosmos Alloys in Black, Cloth/Leatherette Black Pearl Carbon Seats, Piano Black Trim, Carbon Black Colour Line, Chili Pack, Enhanced Bluetooth with USB Audio, Centre Armrest, Chrome Line Interior, Anthracite Headlining, H/K, Visual Boost, Sun Protection Glass, LED Headlights, Folding Mirrors, Model Deletion.

Born: 10th Dec '15 | Delivery: 23rd Dec '15 | Glorious Miles: 11,999 | Rejected: 9th March '17
post #6 of 290 Old 03-11-2016, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Garage
Not sure you'll have a case under law, will only be MINI good will.

All faults have been/are being dealt with in a timely and reasonable manner as per requirement under the Sale of Goods Act.

Like Dromedary, I've not read that much on your previous rejection, but I think you're over-reacting a tad. Sounds like the dealer needs to re-asses it's PDI procedures to me!

Good luck whatever your result.
hotrunner and FB1 like this.

Mini number 5.. JCW number 2!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 290 Old 03-11-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurbert II View Post
Not sure you'll have a case under law, will only be MINI good will.

All faults have been/are being dealt with in a timely and reasonable manner as per requirement under the Sale of Goods Act.

Like Dromedary, I've not read that much on your previous rejection, but I think you're over-reacting a tad. Sounds like the dealer needs to re-asses it's PDI procedures to me!

Good luck whatever your result.
I have to disagree, you buy a new car, you expect it to behave like a new car. The expression "fit for purpose" comes to mind and this car clearly is not. It matters not one bit to me that the dealer is dealing with the faults, these faults should simply not be there in the first place hence the case for rejection. More power to your elbow, manufacturers and dealers are making a fortune from us and they should be held responsible when things go so badly wrong.
post #8 of 290 Old 03-11-2016, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulramon View Post
I have to disagree, you buy a new car, you expect it to behave like a new car. The expression "fit for purpose" comes to mind and this car clearly is not. It matters not one bit to me that the dealer is dealing with the faults, these faults should simply not be there in the first place hence the case for rejection. More power to your elbow, manufacturers and dealers are making a fortune from us and they should be held responsible when things go so badly wrong.
Agreed, Section 75 of the CCA states if something isn't fit for purpose nor representational of what you thought you purchased or representational of the brand you have the right to withdraw.
paulramon likes this.

post #9 of 290 Old 03-11-2016, 03:29 PM

We allow sellers to get away with murder, especially here in the UK. This results in them thinking they are bullet proof and can treat the customer as they like. If more people actually stood up for themselves things would be easier for the few who do.

Go all the way with this, you have been treated in an unacceptable way, twice!
post #10 of 290 Old 03-11-2016, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Totally up to you to reject this car. However, will you ever be happy? Try a Lexus or Skoda next time - consistently the best in consumer reviews in the UK.
brandonbardsley likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page