User Tag List

5Likes

post #1 of 29 Old 10-13-2016, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
IPhone 7 Bluetooth and Mini Problems?

Hi all, I'm thinking about lashing out and buying the iPhone 7 plus but I've been reading reports of Bluetooth issues with some BMWs. Just wondering if anyone here has a late model Mini Cooper (f55/56) with Bluetooth who has one of these phones and whether they have any problems with Bluetooth connections? Or even better, NO issues

Thanks

"Jarvis"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Electric Blue F55 Cooper S

White roof, 17" roulette wheels, Black leather cross punch sports seat,carbon black colour line, interior trim off white, auto dimming mirrors, alarm and immobiliser, comfort access, park distance control, front and rear, rear view camera, Pro Nav system, DAB digital, HK hifi, HUD,LED headlights with cornering, Driver assist, TP monitor, Chili pack, JCW spoiler, Chrome line exterior and last but not least, seat heating
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 10-14-2016, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Garage
iPhone 7/7+s currently have a known issue with MINIs/BMWs. Apple changed the Bluetooth hardware and it does not play nice with iDrive. Music will play for about 30 seconds and then stop and won't come back until a re-pair or restart. There is a bulletin out about it now and at the moment, the new iPhone is not a supported device. BMW is in contact with Apple to help them fix the problem for the next iOS update, but until then, it definitely doesn't work as it is supposed to.

I have a 7+ and I have mixed results. Some days it works perfectly and some days I get the play for 30 seconds problem that doesn't go away.

CURRENT MINI: 2015 Cooper S F55 - "Capella" - Pepper White - Black roof/sport stripes - Black Punch Seats - JCW Ext/Int Kits - Wired/Wired Up/Premium/Cold Packages - Connected XL - DDC - LED Headlights w/Cornering - Park Assist
STATUS: Ordered - 1/16, In Production - 1/23, Completed - 2/3,At Sea - 2/12, Arrival to Port - 3/4, At Dealer - 3/17
Retired:2011 True Blue CM S All4 - "Tachikoma"
post #3 of 29 Old 10-15-2016, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriuszero View Post

I have a 7+ and I have mixed results. Some days it works perfectly and some days I get the play for 30 seconds problem that doesn't go away.

Does it work on USB?

"Jarvis"

Electric Blue F55 Cooper S

White roof, 17" roulette wheels, Black leather cross punch sports seat,carbon black colour line, interior trim off white, auto dimming mirrors, alarm and immobiliser, comfort access, park distance control, front and rear, rear view camera, Pro Nav system, DAB digital, HK hifi, HUD,LED headlights with cornering, Driver assist, TP monitor, Chili pack, JCW spoiler, Chrome line exterior and last but not least, seat heating

Last edited by Skullee; 10-15-2016 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 10-15-2016, 03:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullee View Post
Does it work on USB?
I have a 7 plus and it works via USB for me - I have the basic radio system though..
Skullee likes this.

Mini Cooper Midnight Black 3dr

Bristol
post #5 of 29 Old 10-15-2016, 08:16 AM
mjc

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Does this apply to Bluetooth Telephone Functions too or are the issues limited to Music Streaming only?
post #6 of 29 Old 10-15-2016, 12:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullee View Post
Does it work on USB?
Haven't tried yet, but I'm stubborn. I want it to work with Bluetooth or I don't want to bother with it at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnster View Post
I have a 7 plus and it works via USB for me - I have the basic radio system though..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc View Post
Does this apply to Bluetooth Telephone Functions too or are the issues limited to Music Streaming only?
Only Bluetooth audio seems to be affected, so if you have the basic radio, you probably wouldn't have any issues.

I have had ONE instance where my phone call audio wasn't working either, but it was right after my music crapped out and hasn't happened since.

CURRENT MINI: 2015 Cooper S F55 - "Capella" - Pepper White - Black roof/sport stripes - Black Punch Seats - JCW Ext/Int Kits - Wired/Wired Up/Premium/Cold Packages - Connected XL - DDC - LED Headlights w/Cornering - Park Assist
STATUS: Ordered - 1/16, In Production - 1/23, Completed - 2/3,At Sea - 2/12, Arrival to Port - 3/4, At Dealer - 3/17
post #7 of 29 Old 11-03-2016, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It has issue at least on BMW 3 series as far as i know
post #8 of 29 Old 11-03-2016, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My iPhone 7 plays music fine through the USB. I'm using with the visual boost radio.
post #9 of 29 Old 11-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Garage
An update: iOS 10.1 seems to fix this issue. If you haven't updated, do it.

post #10 of 29 Old 11-04-2016, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I have an F56 with visual boost, and since i bought it, I have changed from iPhone 5s->iPhone 7 (all inbetween iOS), and all I have is bluetooth problems. I changed the HU 3 times and still have problems... So there is NO solution to it!!! And I 've tried everything. After 18 months of mini ownership and no final solution, BMW officially said its my iPhones (meaning all?) problem and the salesman who didn't clarify the functions operating (??) After this ridiculous excuse, I stopped searching for a solution. Its a wonderful car except for the crankshaft (and some other minor) recalls, so I decided to stop nagging and just use the **** car with bluetooth issues. It costs me less energy :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page