More damage from dealership! - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum
User Tag List

49Likes

post #1 of 54 Old 03-13-2017, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
More damage from dealership!

Following on from a thread I've had running in the UK section, I thought I'd bring it here for more exposure!
Original thread if interested: How would you deal with...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t

Basically:
• bought an AUC Mini from Stratstone Doncaster.
• Mini took the car back in for some cosmetic rectification.
• Car came back to us with sub-standard touch ups and more scratches, plus a dent in the boot caused by them.
• Got them to agree to rectify cosmetics and obviously fix the dent.

Ok, so we got the car back today after 12days...I honestly don't know what they get up to!
• dents in the roof
• small gouge in roof and scuffed marks the length of passenger side roof
• marked mirror caps
• 2 new chips
• untreated cosmetics which were agreed at point of drop off.

I've told Stratstone that I will take the car to another dealership for a quote to rectify the car. They have accepted this and said they will take it from there once a quote is received.

Do you think I could do more? Involve Mini UK?
The wife really wants to keep the car, we're just so unhappy with the treatment and service we've received.

All advice gratefully received

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 03-13-2017, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
This reminds me of getting one of my MINI's damaged while in the dealers.

I always leave "DO NOT WASH" laminated sheets in the car and get it written on the job card. Not only washed, attempted to polish some of it but damaged trims!

I took it straight to the Dealer Principle the next morning, I was told he was unavailable but said I don't care I want him to see it I also took someone with me as a witness.

So I think this is what you need to do, no second in command but the top man/woman, MINI UK may get involved but don't bank on it as they say dealers are independent.

Good luck..
brandonbardsley likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Life's too short not to!!"
post #3 of 54 Old 03-13-2017, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Garage
I am speechless!!!! That is unbelievable I would send a nice but firm letter/Email to Mini UK. Will it help nobody knows but at least you will feel better afterwards. This Dealer does not deserve the "MINI LOGO" on the building it clearly shows that this Dealer does not give a rat,s bum or shows a bit of pride in there business. Sad very sad.

It is not "Old School" if you can not put a Weber on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 Old 03-14-2017, 03:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Mine went in for a service not long ago and has come back with scratches on the black a pillars, it then went in for a rear brake pad change and I specifically asked not to wash the car and I turned up to pick it up and it had been washed...really unimpressed, thankfully the wash didn't do any damage and the scratches polished out, I wont be taking it to them again

F56 JCW - Rebel Green, Chilli Red Roof & Mirrors
post #5 of 54 Old 03-14-2017, 03:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Forgot to mention the Plymouth bodyshop tried rectifying my rubbing door seals issue and chipped the paint quite badly on the passenger side B pillar...they've said they'll rectify it but I am scared to take it back to them

F56 JCW - Rebel Green, Chilli Red Roof & Mirrors
post #6 of 54 Old 03-14-2017, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 946 Post(s)
Garage
Unbelievable. Very glad i didn't buy from them. We've been more than happy with soper lincoln and sytner nottingham. Looks like stratstones have a vandal on the staff. Or roaming their pound. Does an employee have a grudge? How do you dent the roof like that? Terrible.

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
post #7 of 54 Old 03-14-2017, 04:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremybingham View Post
Unbelievable. Very glad i didn't buy from them. We've been more than happy with soper lincoln and sytner nottingham. Looks like stratstones have a vandal on the staff. Or roaming their pound. Does an employee have a grudge? How do you dent the roof like that? Terrible.

We only went to Doncaster on recommendation from a wife's client!! He'll be feeling pretty bad for her I'd say!

We don't know anyone at the garage so shouldn't be a grudge :-/

I'll be taking it to BMW Sytner for repairs.

jeremybingham likes this.
post #8 of 54 Old 03-14-2017, 05:01 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
That's shocking.

I would definitely involve Mini UK. Is there a particular spec etc about the car that your wife needs to keep this car?

Good luck, and keep us all posted.
post #9 of 54 Old 03-14-2017, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeswagon View Post
That's shocking.

I would definitely involve Mini UK. Is there a particular spec etc about the car that your wife needs to keep this car?

Good luck, and keep us all posted.

Does anyone know the best method of contacting Mini UK?

I'll be hard pushed to get her the same spec tbh, it has everything! Auto, sat nav, HUD, rear parking sensors and camera, tlc, chili XL, mini connect, lights package.
The auto/satnav/camera were pre requisite for her!! Fussy woman!!

Thanks

post #10 of 54 Old 03-14-2017, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23ammo View Post
Does anyone know the best method of contacting Mini UK?

I'll be hard pushed to get her the same spec tbh, it has everything! Auto, sat nav, HUD, rear parking sensors and camera, tlc, chili XL, mini connect, lights package.
The auto/satnav/camera were pre requisite for her!! Fussy woman!!

Thanks

csescalations@bmwfin.com

Note: They have to provide acknowledgement of your email within two weeks and have up to eight weeks to respond to your complaint under the FCA guidelines, if they fail to do this contact the Financial Ombudsman via their website.
uke and 23ammo like this.

Former Owner: 2016 F56 Cooper SD - S A/T, Midnight Black, Black Roof & Mirrors, 17" Cosmos Alloys in Black, Cloth/Leatherette Black Pearl Carbon Seats, Piano Black Trim, Carbon Black Colour Line, Chili Pack, Enhanced Bluetooth with USB Audio, Centre Armrest, Chrome Line Interior, Anthracite Headlining, H/K, Visual Boost, Sun Protection Glass, LED Headlights, Folding Mirrors, Model Deletion.

Born: 10th Dec '15 | Delivery: 23rd Dec '15 | Glorious Miles: 11,999 | Rejected: 9th March '17

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page