1Likes
  • 1 Post By 02fanatic

post #1 of 5 Old 03-18-2017, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Garage
Question JCW GP Values

I spotted a 2013 JCW GP (#396 of 500, as I recall). Very nice in the ad, but due to my schedule and the recent blizzard, I haven't popped over to look at it up close. Gotta love those MINI GP's though! I believe the ad said around 44k miles for $21,900 (going from memory, but that's pretty close). Is that a good value for a solid car?

Just curious, as I don't need another MINI....oh, but if that had popped up before I ordered my 2015 JCW....I might have been all over it!

Please educate me for those of you with more knowledge of GP's than I have. Good asking price?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
JCW, 3 Door Hardtop, Manual

Midnight Black Metallic w/JCW Bonnet Stripes, 18" Cup Spoke Wheels, JCW Dinamica Sport Seats, HK Sound System, LED Driving/Rally Lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-18-2017, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Agree they are great although I prefer the Gen1 GP

Although after driving a F56 I'd fine it hard to go back to a R56 it's bad enough getting in my wifes R60

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Life's too short not to!!"
post #3 of 5 Old 03-18-2017, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fanatic View Post
I spotted a 2013 JCW GP (#396 of 500, as I recall). Very nice in the ad, but due to my schedule and the recent blizzard, I haven't popped over to look at it up close. Gotta love those MINI GP's though! I believe the ad said around 44k miles for $21,900 (going from memory, but that's pretty close). Is that a good value for a solid car?

Just curious, as I don't need another MINI....oh, but if that had popped up before I ordered my 2015 JCW....I might have been all over it!

Please educate me for those of you with more knowledge of GP's than I have. Good asking price?
The handling is superb and the power is good for an R series, however, the current JCW will outperform it in most instances and with a few tweaks the power difference is substantially significant. I did not own one, but ran with them in my 2013 R56 JCW and they would outperform it. However, I think my current F56 JCW will out perform them in most instances. Most likely the F series GP will be awesome! You do lose the back seat though which is a drawback for me, and if you don't particularly like gray you are out of luck. Still, they traditionally have been excellent performers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-20-2017, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 946 Post(s)
Garage
Very highly regarded by eg evo mag in the uk and are deemed collectible. They command very high second hand prices in the uk!

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
post #5 of 5 Old 03-29-2017, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Garage
Well it sold....I don't think it was on the lot more than a few weeks, including a blizzard that had to hold back lookers, like me. #369 of 500 imported. 1 of 2000 made. I never made it over to look at it! I showed it to my wife online & she liked it! I noticed that the car had 4 owners though in 4 years...looked like new with clean car fax! Maybe too many speeding tickets so each prior owner had to sell! Ha! Very tempting little pocket rocket though! No back seat wouldn't bother me...just more room for my spare wheel/tire! In the end (although almost twice the money) my F56 JCW is a better car all around...the GP did have a CD player though! lol!
jeremybingham likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page