User Tag List

5Likes

post #1 of 18 Old 03-28-2017, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Exclamation Mini Cooper S vs JCW

I have a question for you all, I want to install the JCW kit to my car, the other day I went to my dealer and they let me try the JCW for a few hours and the sound of the car like exhaust didnt sound as I expected, it did sound better than mine but I tought it was going to be better... I have seen other JCWs from last generation and they sound way lot better... why is that happening? I can even feel the shaking when a last gen Mini kicks the gas next to me...I was wondering if I install the JCW kit to my Mini Cooper S will really improve the sound or do I have to use a Remus? Axle or Cat back? to get better sound? anybody else has notice the sound difference between the JCW from this generation and the last one? or am I just the only one that notice that?

On the other side I have seen that even for the JCW theres a JCW PRO.... whats the difference between that one and the JCW kit? is the JCW PRO going to make the JCW sound like the last generation ???

Greetings from Mexico people and sorry for my english!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 03-28-2017, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Afternoon

The JCW Pro is a step up from the standard JCW exhaust and features a bluetooth valve which makes it much louder - in the UK this is marketed as a 'track mode' as the valve actually makes it too loud for road use, oddly! I heard MINI here were asking Pro owners to sign a disclaimer saying it will only be used on a track.

The standard JCW exhaust is quite tame - the problem is the F56 is far too well insulated! The JCW exhaust on the convertible sounds fantastic, less sound insulation!
jeremybingham likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 Old 03-28-2017, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 946 Post(s)
Garage
And even better with the roof down!

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 03-28-2017, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
JCW Tuning Kit on the MCS includes a ECU remap to 210 bhp (official Mini figures) and also includes the JCW Pro exhaust which is a switchable bluetooth controlled system which bypasses the silencer..

The JCW Pro exhaust can also be purchased separately for the JCW models.

Although the JCW Tuing Kit has slightly less power than the JCW dyno comparisons conclude that it produces more torque lower down the rev range where as the JCW has a peakier power delivery.

MCS Pepper White | JCW Tuning & Brake Kit | JB4 | KW v1 | Forge SS | Enkei | 498 Race Spoke | Michelin SS | Chilli Pack | Lounge Leather w/heating | VDC | HeadUp | HK | V Boost | Chrome Line | Heated Screen | PDC etc..
post #5 of 18 Old 03-28-2017, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I guess I am going to try it, I have asked the dealer if they have already installed this kit in any other Mini here in this part of Mexico and it seems nobody has... I guess because of the price, I would like to try the Remus, but here if I do that I will lose the warranty so I wont do it I guess in the other hand I have asked one dealer from other state and he told me that the JCW Kit doesnt improve that much the sound but is something I have in mind.
post #6 of 18 Old 03-28-2017, 02:10 PM
uke

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Anyone know of dyno results for the JCW Pro Exhaust installed on a recent JCW? I don't give a crap how loud it is, but I am interested in more power.

Thanks!
post #7 of 18 Old 03-28-2017, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Garage
Uke you ask we deliver. I still would go with an aftermarket like a Borla

Here’s the full rundown of features:

A stainless steel cat-back system
Optional Carbon Fiber and Stainless tips with JCW logos
15hp Power increase due to ECU remapping and increase flow (on the Cooper S)
A remote that allows the driver to open and close the electronic baffle inside the exhaust allowing for a more aggressive note when appropriate
Track mode – opens the exhaust baffle increasing exhaust noise via a button on the remote – not approved for the street
Available only on the Cooper S as a dealer accessory

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is not "Old School" if you can not put a Weber on it.

Last edited by Evlkarl; 03-28-2017 at 03:06 PM.
post #8 of 18 Old 03-28-2017, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by uke View Post
Anyone know of dyno results for the JCW Pro Exhaust installed on a recent JCW? I don't give a crap how loud it is, but I am interested in more power.
Uke, My guess is that the Pro Exhaust on a JCW would not give any big increases since the JCW version of the Pro Exhaust is a different kit than the Cooper S and does not include the engine tune, it's the exhaust only. There may be some modest gains since in track mode since the exhaust is bypassing the silencer but nothing like the Cooper S kit with the engine tune. You would need a piggyback tune, like NM (or similar), to increase the JCW horsepower.
uke likes this.

Understeer - is when you hit the wall with the front wing; oversteer - is when you hit the wall with the back wing; horsepower - is how fast you hit the wall; torque - is how far you move the wall when you hit it.

Last edited by Desert Rat; 03-28-2017 at 03:09 PM.
post #9 of 18 Old 03-28-2017, 03:29 PM
uke

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
Uke, My guess is that the Pro Exhaust on a JCW would not give any big increases since the JCW version of the Pro Exhaust is a different kit than the Cooper S and does not include the engine tune, it's the exhaust only. There may be some modest gains since in track mode since the exhaust is bypassing the silencer but nothing like the Cooper S kit with the engine tune. You would need a piggyback tune, like NM (or similar), to increase the JCW horsepower.
Yeah, that was kind of my gut feeling. I tend to be favorably inclined towards anything that improves the efficiency of a mechanical system, but if the JCW Pro Exhaust on a JCW only gives back a tiny power boost/efficiency dividend , then IMHO it isn't worth annoying the neighborhood.

But a module? Counting the miles until run-in complete. Though I am impressed with the stock power so far. Can't wait to open her up.
post #10 of 18 Old 03-29-2017, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uke View Post
Yeah, that was kind of my gut feeling. I tend to be favorably inclined towards anything that improves the efficiency of a mechanical system, but if the JCW Pro Exhaust on a JCW only gives back a tiny power boost/efficiency dividend , then IMHO it isn't worth annoying the neighborhood.

But a module? Counting the miles until run-in complete. Though I am impressed with the stock power so far. Can't wait to open her up.
Just do it, running in is a myth

"Life's too short not to!!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page