All the trips to the Dealer sure takes the fun out driving a Mini - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum
User Tag List

22Likes

post #1 of 22 Old 05-12-2017, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Garage
All the trips to the Dealer sure takes the fun out driving a Mini

Honestly I am a bit tired of all the trips to the Dealer because of all the small stuff that needs to be fixed ( new seals hatch rattles trim came loose door seals rubbing on paint and the list goes on and on) Now the low air pressure light came on and has been on for a week and my Blue Tooth does not connect to my Samsung S6. Pressure is fine that #$%^&^%$%^ light just stays on. Love my Mini my Dealer is fantastic fixing my problems but come on MINI WT!. Sure kills the fun factor owning a Mini and every time you go to the dealer it shows as a Service Record on the Car Fax. Kinda sad that my 2012 Abarth had less trips to the Dealer than my 2015 Mini.
MINImarc likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is not "Old School" if you can not put a Weber on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 05-13-2017, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlkarl View Post
Honestly I am a bit tired of all the trips to the Dealer because of all the small stuff that needs to be fixed ( new seals hatch rattles trim came loose door seals rubbing on paint and the list goes on and on) Now the low air pressure light came on and has been on for a week and my Blue Tooth does not connect to my Samsung S6. Pressure is fine that #$%^&^%$%^ light just stays on. Love my Mini my Dealer is fantastic fixing my problems but come on MINI WT!. Sure kills the fun factor owning a Mini and every time you go to the dealer it shows as a Service Record on the Car Fax. Kinda sad that my 2012 Abarth had less trips to the Dealer than my 2015 Mini.
I hear you! I have had my f56 in to the dealer soooo many times it's annoying ......It's all little things but still...

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk
Evlkarl likes this.
post #3 of 22 Old 05-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry for you. Real pita but we so far are dealer free! Quality of our f54 so far seems spot on! Best car we've ever had. 4000 miles in definitely! No squeak or rattle . just wonderful . took some car keen teenagers out last week and they wanted to know if it was an electric car as it was so quiet!
Evlkarl and AarnMunro like this.

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 05-13-2017, 02:24 PM
uke

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremybingham View Post
Sorry for you. Real pita but we so far are dealer free! Quality of our f54 so far seems spot on! Best car we've ever had. 4000 miles in definitely! No squeak or rattle . just wonderful . took some car keen teenagers out last week and they wanted to know if it was an electric car as it was so quiet!
Quiet? Were you in Green Mode? My car has the everpresent throaty rumble thing going on...
post #5 of 22 Old 05-13-2017, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlkarl View Post

Could not agree more. My new f55 has been a NIGHTMARE. It is scheduled to be taken by truck this time to the dealer on Monday. This will be the 5th time in less than 2500 miles, of which 600 miles or so are from visits to the dealer. It hasnt been all small things either, the latest was a new radiator which by the way they underfilled by 1.5 gallons and the car overheated. I have ZERO confidence in my new mini. Its really hit or miss, my wifes f55, well she and I beat the daylights out of it without a single issue. Newest issue is multiple cylinders misfiring. The dealer is going to open a case with engineering I guess. Sounds like a noce way of saying I wont have the car for a while.
Evlkarl likes this.
post #6 of 22 Old 05-13-2017, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremybingham View Post
20000 km in 18 months...no problem at all...
Evlkarl likes this.

F54 cooper S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 22 Old 05-14-2017, 04:08 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Garage
Not been near my dealer since buying my second new F56 last September....touch wood!
Evlkarl likes this.
post #8 of 22 Old 05-14-2017, 06:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
So far our F55 has only needed one trip to the dealer to sort out a few trivial items. We have taken it one more time to fit a couple of new bits to it, but it has behaved well up to now.

I would say that on average my BMWs go to the same dealer 10 times in the first 3 years to get mostly minor things including rattles sorted out so the F55 is doing well in comparison.

That said, I quite enjoy driving different cars, so I don't really mind exchanging it for a loan car for a couple of days.
Evlkarl likes this.
post #9 of 22 Old 05-14-2017, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Garage
I start too wonder if they built them too fast and quality suffers since Mini rolls one of the line every 60 Secs.

It is not "Old School" if you can not put a Weber on it.
post #10 of 22 Old 05-15-2017, 04:56 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
Well we all know I've had my fair shares of MINI issues as well. But I can't sing my dealer service dept praises high enough.

I'm soooooo tempted to trade up to a JCW but can I take the risk again? I truly enjoy the MINI, it's everything I need out of a car, but oh the shoddy product *sigh*.

I was hoping that as we are now in year 4 of this model that all the issues we dealt with are over ..... window seals, clutch bearings, shocks etc etc.

I got a letter at the weekend about the benefits of BUYING an extended warranty ..... eh, I don't think so MINI UK, you buggas have already promised me a 4th year warranty FOC and I have the email trail to prove it. Must chase that up.....
mikeswagon, uke and Evlkarl like this.

----------------
IT'S HERE.......Team Volcanic Orange

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page