Interior ambient light and extended light package - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum
User Tag List

48Likes

post #1 of 87 Old 05-10-2014, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Unhappy Interior ambient light and extended light package

I received my MCS today and one of the first thing I noted is that I don't have the ambient lighting installed (and the f56 can have ambient lighting according to the manual), yet my car has the extended light package...

So my question, what is different with the lighting of cars extended light package (code 563) compared to those without?

My previous R56 had the extended light package with the ambient lighting feature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 87 Old 05-10-2014, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Garage
I can't answer your question, but I found the brochure and price list next to impenetrable when it came to the interior lights. The Excitement Pack changes the lighting capabilities too.

I didn't want the ambient coloured LEDs as I don't think you can turn them off. Now I'm worried my car won't come with any illumination at all in the footwells.
post #3 of 87 Old 05-10-2014, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

I agree, I really wish Mini had a feature on their website where you could punch in the code and it gives you sufficient detail.

post #4 of 87 Old 05-10-2014, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Yeah - the configorator 'help' is very....unhelpful, or at the very best, gives very limited information on each option.
Texy
1engel likes this.
post #5 of 87 Old 05-10-2014, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
MINI has always been light with their detail on options. Multifunction steering wheel = multifunction steering wheel + cruise control and yet in years gone by cruise control wasn't mentioned in brochures.

The light piping (LED lighting around the eclipses on the doors - if this is what you mean) only comes with the MINI yours dark cottonwood or off white interior packs.

If you can read German and download their price lists then you get lots more detail.
1engel likes this.
post #6 of 87 Old 05-10-2014, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
I have the Chilli Pack which includes the lighting pack in the UK... Does this mean I will have the coloured LED lighting? This is one of the things I am most looking forward to as my previous MINI did not have it! Im worried now :'(
1engel likes this.
post #7 of 87 Old 05-11-2014, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
the chili pack contains the interior lighting pack, this is the ambient stuff - submarine lights situated in the main headline light cluster (containing switches + map & reading lights).
Plus the foot wells and door cards have the same ambient lighting.. colour change and brightness manually controlled.

there is an 'excitement pack' within the chili pack... which adds the led strip around the center display clock / screen. this will add various events like heartbeat, rev, sat nav, telephone... etc.. theres about 10 or more features / events the led around the center screen will display.

the killer one for me that i missed was external led headlights... sytner tell me its not a retro fit job either, so icant just go out and replace my 'cracked' headlight (if i had one) with the led version.. so i have to put up with the h4 halogens.. when after being used to HID lights on my previous MCS, these h4s are pretty dire!

it is a ~£700 option, but one id always go for... if only i had realised at the time all the led packs i had, the one i really wanted wasnt included..

too many options and options buried within options, so very easy to think you have something when in fact you dont.
1engel, EllieB, opal and 1 others like this.
post #8 of 87 Old 05-12-2014, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
Crap! Now I have to back through my options and make sure I have everything I want, and not just assume they're included
EllieB likes this.
post #9 of 87 Old 05-12-2014, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
So it seems I have to go with the Mini Yours Dark Cottonwood interior to get the LED piping on the doors, as opposed to the Firework interior surface

I also notice you only get the halogen light in the door bezel with the Mini Yours Interior Off-White
post #10 of 87 Old 05-13-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrothegreat View Post
MINI has always been light with their detail on options. Multifunction steering wheel = multifunction steering wheel + cruise control and yet in years gone by cruise control wasn't mentioned in brochures.

The light piping (LED lighting around the eclipses on the doors - if this is what you mean) only comes with the MINI yours dark cottonwood or off white interior packs.

If you can read German and download their price lists then you get lots more detail.
Thanks for the information, just amended my order with Sytner Slough. Have gone for the Cottonwood option as car is MC BRG, black roof/rims. Order placed on April 5th, now been told build date schduled for week 27, deliver week 29.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page