18Likes

post #1 of 24 Old 06-12-2014, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Unhappy Error code 00029 Drivetrain malfunction

Update on my previous post:
The exact error messages are as follow:
Distance 1600km- state (inactive):code(00767): Speed limit malfunction(consult service centre)
Distance (1648km)- state(inactive):code(00029)rivetrain malfunction ;drive moderately. Maximum drivetrain output not available.consult service centre

Anybody got a clue?

Going in for the check only next week.
GoKart7 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 06-12-2014, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Depends where you 'previous post is? Perhaps you should just add to the other thread?
Texy
GoKart7 likes this.
post #3 of 24 Old 06-12-2014, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Ugh - no clue at all mate - but at least you've got something

Let me personally advise you that you go in and hand the car over with no second guesses from the dealership - ask for a replacement car in the mean time - make your conditions clear that you are not happy with what is happening to the car and that you want it fixed - period - nothing less is acceptable - note that down in front of them in the dealership - diary type kind of thing - don't say nothing else

If they tell you their is nothing wrong then tell them that is unacceptable - you've purchased a car in good faith and you want to be dealt with in good faith - no one can give that answer until all the issues go away and that the car is care free to travel with.

If they try to fob you off - talk to the service manager which is your next discretion - if not carry on to dealership principle - if not ask them to phone Mini Customer service for you to have a chat altogether - if not BMW next door...

This might sound alien to you and to a lot of people but they need to know you are in command of the situation not the other way around

I am telling you this because that is what happened to me with my Audi - had I taken those steps I would have had Audi's balls - alas they manipulated the law and me with it

The law states that you document everything when something is wrong and give them an opportunity to sort it out amicably - forget anyone else lecturing you - if they don't do that and within a reasonable period of time the car continues to develop faults which they can't fix then you are entitled to an equivalent car or your money back

Hopefully it won't come to that - but you need to know how to deal the cards and the process - just keep this as a reminder on how to orchestrate yourself within proceedings

Oh and never ever let them know what is going inside of your head - keep it detailed and to the point and nothing else...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 06-12-2014, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Garage
Great advice GoKart ... hopefully not advice many of us will need in the future!
Good luck 1engel!
GoKart7 likes this.

----------------
IT'S HERE.......Team Volcanic Orange
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 24 Old 06-12-2014, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Garage
What GoKart7 says makes a lot of sense.

You're doing what the message says (consulting the service centre) and now it's their job to fix it.

When it is fixed I would want to hear an account from them of what they did as well, something to convince me that they didn't just mask the error from appearing again. A part replaced, or a software update applied, or something recalibrated.

Mark
post #6 of 24 Old 06-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Is it actually putting the car into limp home mode? (reducing the power available)
GoKart7 likes this.

Back in black taking a trip to the dark side
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 24 Old 06-12-2014, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks @GoKart7
post #8 of 24 Old 08-08-2014, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
How did this turn out? I was driving home tonight and got the Drivetrain Malfunction error. I've only had my car for a couple months and the mileage is about 1700. Not happy to be seeing any kind of malfunction at this point.

Volcanic Orange!
post #9 of 24 Old 08-10-2014, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I had this come up on my car. As long as it is an amber alarm it's ok, when red pull over and call service department. I had it in the service dept and they did a software upgrade they also advised that I had a fuel pump problem. It's working great now and I cannot fault Mini for doing the fix. It did worry me for a while
post #10 of 24 Old 08-10-2014, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I am curious whether those with problems are driving their cars too hard too fast?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page