5Likes

post #1 of 11 Old 02-16-2015, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to radiocaf
Electric Folding Mirrors question?

Just a quick question guys.

I read in the manual, and on the online configurator, that the passenger side mirror will tilt down to show the kerb when you put the car into reverse.

Is this a standard feature or does it only come with the electronically folded mirrors package? I am so worried about damaging my alloys that I really want this feature and am prepared to phone up the dealer to have it added if I must.

Thanks for your help

MINI Cooper D 5-Door (F55) in British Racing Green, Black Roof/Mirror Caps and Stripes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-16-2015, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiocaf View Post
Just a quick question guys.

I read in the manual, and on the online configurator, that the passenger side mirror will tilt down to show the kerb when you put the car into reverse.

Is this a standard feature or does it only come with the electronically folded mirrors package? I am so worried about damaging my alloys that I really want this feature and am prepared to phone up the dealer to have it added if I must.

Thanks for your help
It's called Automatic Curb Monitor and powerfold mirrors are required - when you shift to reverse gear, the passenger mirror tilts down automatically. This can be overridden by the power window switch near the window controls in the door.

CURRENT MINI: 2015 Cooper S F55 - "Capella" - Pepper White - Black roof/sport stripes - Black Punch Seats - JCW Ext/Int Kits - Wired/Wired Up/Premium/Cold Packages - Connected XL - DDC - LED Headlights w/Cornering - Park Assist
STATUS: Ordered - 1/16, In Production - 1/23, Completed - 2/3,At Sea - 2/12, Arrival to Port - 3/4, At Dealer - 3/17
Retired:2011 True Blue CM S All4 - "Tachikoma"
post #3 of 11 Old 02-16-2015, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriuszero View Post
It's called Automatic Curb Monitor and powerfold mirrors are required - when you shift to reverse gear, the passenger mirror tilts down automatically. This can be overridden by the power window switch near the window controls in the door.
Ahh man, time to phone up the dealer and spend another £150...

MINI Cooper D 5-Door (F55) in British Racing Green, Black Roof/Mirror Caps and Stripes.

post #4 of 11 Old 02-17-2015, 04:33 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I got electric mirrors on my f56 cooper D. Really need them for squeezing around the car in the garage. I can confirm they do tilt to display the curb in reverse. Very useful if parallel parking; annoying otherwise, but easy to turn off. Also, just discovered that holding the lock button on the key folds the mirrors. These are the best option I specified, and well worth the money.
post #5 of 11 Old 02-17-2015, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

I missed out on my window to add them on, I phoned them up earlier today and my car had been prepped for production, so no further changes can be made. Oh well, when they call me in 2 years time to offer me another new car, I'll make sure that one has it.

Thanks anyway guys!
jeremybingham and Pedro like this.

post #6 of 11 Old 02-19-2015, 04:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
I missed out on my window to add them on, I phoned them up earlier today and my car had been prepped for production, so no further changes can be made. Oh well, when they call me in 2 years time to offer me another new car, I'll make sure that one has it.

Thanks anyway guys!
Drats!

Guess you can always level up your parallel parking skills!

CURRENT MINI: 2015 Cooper S F55 - "Capella" - Pepper White - Black roof/sport stripes - Black Punch Seats - JCW Ext/Int Kits - Wired/Wired Up/Premium/Cold Packages - Connected XL - DDC - LED Headlights w/Cornering - Park Assist
STATUS: Ordered - 1/16, In Production - 1/23, Completed - 2/3,At Sea - 2/12, Arrival to Port - 3/4, At Dealer - 3/17
post #7 of 11 Old 02-19-2015, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Drats!

Guess you can always level up your parallel parking skills!
6 years driving and still no better, I think I'm worse now. I think I worry too much about scraping the kerb that I forget how to actually avoid scraping the kerb/hitting another car.

post #8 of 11 Old 02-20-2015, 04:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
6 years driving and still no better, I think I'm worse now. I think I worry too much about scraping the kerb that I forget how to actually avoid scraping the kerb/hitting another car.
I guess you could always get these :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2463823729_0d3175c55b_b.jpg
Views:	1248
Size:	477.6 KB
ID:	13146  
jeremybingham and radiocaf like this.

post #9 of 11 Old 02-20-2015, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I guess you could always get these :
Haha, I don't think they're legal in the UK, and I'm surprised they work, do they emit a sound or something?

post #10 of 11 Old 02-20-2015, 08:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Haha, I don't think they're legal in the UK, and I'm surprised they work, do they emit a sound or something?
They do! A lovely metal scraping against concrete sound to let you know you're close enough.

.....they were big in the 70s...
radiocaf likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page