Mini F56 2.0L Tuning Chip - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum
User Tag List

25Likes

post #1 of 99 Old 03-24-2015, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Talking Mini F56 2.0L Tuning Chip

I want to chip my Mini F56 Cooper S in Miami. Im between Buying a 720$ RaceChip Ultimate or a BurgerTuning 380$. Both are plug and play. Easy Instalation. Faster removal so you can take it to the dealer. Need your advice so i can use it without losing warranty and give me no headaches. There is a big difference in the price but im willing to spend for the Racechip if i will get more satisfied.

Anyone of you have it instaled? where do you instaled? or do it yourself? whats the perfomance upgrade??

Thanks for your answer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 Old 04-11-2015, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Does this chip work correctly for the new F56 Mini's? If so, I'd be interested in boosting my future MCS as well.
post #3 of 99 Old 04-11-2015, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Have a look at this thread.

Remus Powerizer - Performance Chip

Volcanic Orange Cooper D, Chilli, LED's Park Assit + camera, heated screen, NBT + Visual boost, arm rest.

post #4 of 99 Old 05-08-2015, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Garage
Hi. Maybe a bit late reply but I had a Racechip Ultimate on my MCS. I can tell you that it really makes a difference. I previously had one fitted on my Abarth 500 & 595 with great results. I have taken it off now as I am waiting for my JCW next month, and after contacting Racechip they have advised that they can reprogramme it for free to suit the JCW

They are due to get a JCW in a few weeks to study and will contact me when to send the unit to them. The performance gains claimed seem to be about right 230bhp/248lbft, similar to the JCW but obviously without the suspension tweaks to suit so you can actually feel a bit of torque steer starting. The harness is simple to fit in around 15 minutes only having to remove the inlet for the airbox to access the boost sensor. So at least with the Racechip you can re use it when you get a JCW!!

Last edited by Davo56; 05-08-2015 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling
post #5 of 99 Old 05-27-2015, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Hi Davo

Can you keep me posted on how the remap goes. I'm tempted by this piggyback system for my cooper s which I guess is the same as the remus powerizer. What gains are they expecting on a JCW?
post #6 of 99 Old 05-28-2015, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Intrested too. But don't know if i would go piggyback or ecu tune.... Its hard to decide.
post #7 of 99 Old 06-05-2015, 10:52 AM

Garage
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizbit76 View Post
Hi Davo

Can you keep me posted on how the remap goes. I'm tempted by this piggyback system for my cooper s which I guess is the same as the remus powerizer. What gains are they expecting on a JCW?
Hi
Just read your post. The Racechip is the original box I believe and the Remus uses exactly the same casing.(maybe produced for them by Racechip?) I would say go for it! Very easy to fit and remove.
Don't know what gains Racechip are expecting yet for the JCW-still waiting on e-mail. Will have to chase them up now as my JCW has just arrived at dealer this afternoon.
post #8 of 99 Old 06-07-2015, 05:17 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for the reply Davo

I take it the remap makes a considerable difference to standard. In which gears do you see noticeable improvement over standard? Also on day to day driving did you experience any better fuel economy?
post #9 of 99 Old 06-08-2015, 10:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizbit76 View Post
Thanks for the reply Davo

I take it the remap makes a considerable difference to standard. In which gears do you see noticeable improvement over standard? Also on day to day driving did you experience any better fuel economy?
Hi,
I would say you notice most in 2nd,3rd & 4th as 1st is over in a flash and the top 2 gears are longer although it still pulls hard IMO. Fuel economy wise there is a slight improvement under normal conditions but of course if it is there you can't resist!!
In my previous experience of tuning boxes/re-maps there have always been noticeable gains even with my old wheezy CVH RS Turbo!
post #10 of 99 Old 06-17-2015, 10:58 AM

Garage
JCW Racechip

For info,
Just had word from Racechip that development has been done on JCW so I will send them my box for re programming. Noticed they have now updated website to include JCW and are claiming around 285bhp/290lbsft for the Ultimate box-if you can believe that!!!
They are listing all 3 boxes for JCW but still only 1 for MCS
Will have to wait a good few miles before trying it though!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page