User Tag List

38Likes

post #1 of 43 Old 12-29-2015, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Choosing the color is so hard!

Hi F56 forum

This is my first post here figured it was as good a time as any to ask for some opinions

So I've ordered a manual F56 S, have my options locked in and am happy with those choices but the color has me questioning my choice.

I chose pepper white w black roof, mirrors and black cosmos alloys. Seats are the black pearl. My main reasons for the PW - its a light color (car will be parked outside during the day and garaged at night) easy to care for and well, I always liked it.

But I've had numerous people tell me that a non-metallic paint is not a good choice, as it will fade and look dull with time! That has put doubt in my mind (even tho I kinda know its rubbish).

I can change my mind but need to do it QUICK, ie in like 15 hours before the order is finalised with HQ.

So do I go white silver instead? I do like the blazing red too

So any thoughts peoples?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 12-29-2015, 03:37 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Hi there,

Out of these three, I would go for white silver. Yes, mettalic is much better to keep clean and it looks great after a little polish however I have always had white cars and the matter of fact my other BMW is white and they are no hard to keep clean either.

I have always thought that white cars with a tad bit of black look great. I had F56 in white with black roof, mirrors and wheels and it did look the business. My current F56 is in moonwalk grey and its quite easy to keep clean.

I think it comes down to your personal choice. Do let us know what colour you went for.

And yes, welcome to the forum and have a happy new year.

Saurabh
post #3 of 43 Old 12-29-2015, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Saurabh

I'm really leaning to changing to the WS I must say! Will update you all tomorrow.

post #4 of 43 Old 12-29-2015, 04:40 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
We took weeks seeing different colour in flesh we went for WS on our JCW all be it with red roof , but if we had went cooper S would have been WS with Black roof with black bonnet stripes and silver cosmos , looked great in flesh and we love the colour.
It took ages to convince the wife on WS but she's very pleased with the choice
post #5 of 43 Old 12-29-2015, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
We took weeks seeing different colour in flesh we went for WS on our JCW all be it with red roof , but if we had went cooper S would have been WS with Black roof with black bonnet stripes and silver cosmos , looked great in flesh and we love the colour.
It took ages to convince the wife on WS but she's very pleased with the choice
I hear you re seeing the colors in the flesh multiple times. I could be found standing on the dealers lot this past Sunday for an hour, just staring at them all!

I think the WS is the color too

It really is a personal choice, but also nice to hear other peoples opinions and how they came to choose the color of their MINIs.
derekh929 likes this.
post #6 of 43 Old 12-29-2015, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Garage
Since you already put an order in for Pepper White, I'll mention that it is probably one of "THE" classic MINI colors and I absolutely love it! I've never heard the argument that non-metallic colors tend to fade. If you care properly for any paint job it will not fade or resist fading anyway! The metallic paints are a two stage process so that's likely where that thought comes from. But, the way you have your car spec'd is absolutely FINE!

Silver white is becoming very popular however, and I really like it too! The best thing for you to do is see both in person in good light and make the comparison as to which one you like best. SW is a brighter white though. The Vanilla color of the PW really does it for me, always has. I have a 1972 BMW 2002tii that's Chamonix color and I've never been a fan of white cars until I repainted that car it's original Chamonix white color...which is a close dead ringer for pepper White!

If I was going to say any color tends to fade the most, I'd say any Red...Red just fades...

One thing to remember, white is absolutely the hardest color to "match" if you ever need paint work...my very knowledgeable body shop man told me this when he was painting my BMW...something I've never forgotten.

Then again, you might want to consider Electric Blue...gorgeous color! And of course I like VO and Black too! Just kidding you..I know it's a tough decision.

Go with your gut and you won't be wrong whatever you decide...honest!

Happy Motoring,

John

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
JCW, 3 Door Hardtop, Manual

Midnight Black Metallic w/JCW Bonnet Stripes, 18" Cup Spoke Wheels, JCW Dinamica Sport Seats, HK Sound System, LED Driving/Rally Lights
post #7 of 43 Old 12-29-2015, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
I'd stay with Pepper White, they always look good and I personally think White Silver is one of those colours that just looks dull when its dirty... That'd be harder to keep clean than Pepper White in my opinion.
opal likes this.

Former Owner: 2016 F56 Cooper SD - S A/T, Midnight Black, Black Roof & Mirrors, 17" Cosmos Alloys in Black, Cloth/Leatherette Black Pearl Carbon Seats, Piano Black Trim, Carbon Black Colour Line, Chili Pack, Enhanced Bluetooth with USB Audio, Centre Armrest, Chrome Line Interior, Anthracite Headlining, H/K, Visual Boost, Sun Protection Glass, LED Headlights, Folding Mirrors, Model Deletion.

Born: 10th Dec '15 | Delivery: 23rd Dec '15 | Glorious Miles: 11,999 | Rejected: 9th March '17
post #8 of 43 Old 12-29-2015, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Colour is a personal thing so you shouldn't be influenced by others choice of colours. There's nothing wrong with non metallic colours and they are laquered too and dont fade.
Also the overall effect depends on other things than the colour ie roof, stripes wheels, mirrors etc

I too would go for what YOU want.... Pepper White and spend the £475 saved on metallic on other extras. In my case Id have visual boost and a bit left towards a sunroof or harman kardon.

Last edited by opal; 12-29-2015 at 09:08 AM.
post #9 of 43 Old 12-29-2015, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
I tend to agree with Opal! Sound advice.

2016 Mini Cooper in Midnight Black | Leicestershire, UK |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 43 Old 12-29-2015, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Garage
Good advice from opal. I went for a free colour. Pepper white looks stunning on any mini. Just look at older r56's. No mini paint fades and any decent body shop can effect a good match on any colour or don't use them! Just get on the configurator and choose what suits you!
opal likes this.

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page