User Tag List

17Likes

post #1 of 34 Old 02-16-2017, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Garage
Final Choices - F56 JCW or F55 w/JCW Kit

Down to the final days. Going to place an order this weekend and I am torn between two options:

- F56 JCW or
- F55 w/JCW Tuning Kit and JCW Brakes

My first choice is the F56 JCW, which I have lusted after for quite a while; however, the practicality of the F55 is very attractive. I plan to order the car with Dynamic Damper Control, so that eliminates any suspension differences. Both cars price out very closely with the same options.

Appreciate your thoughts ... order goes in this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 02-16-2017, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtowell View Post
Down to the final days. Going to place an order this weekend and I am torn between two options:

- F56 JCW or
- F55 w/JCW Tuning Kit and JCW Brakes

My first choice is the F56 JCW, which I have lusted after for quite a while; however, the practicality of the F55 is very attractive. I plan to order the car with Dynamic Damper Control, so that eliminates any suspension differences. Both cars price out very closely with the same options.

Appreciate your thoughts ... order goes in this weekend.
If i didnt have kids or dogs i would go with the F56 jcw. I have an F55S with Tuning kit + NM module amd love it but only went 4 doors because of the kids, easier to get in and out of for them. It is a tiny bit more difficult for the front seat folks as the post are relocated. Im short so not too big a deal but if i was any taller it may become a nuisance. Drivability is very similar, I drove both and theres honestly little difference if any from that perspective. The only thing I really feel its missing are the brakes , the JCW brakes are a dream in comparison to the cooper s components.

I think youll be happy either way.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
post #3 of 34 Old 02-16-2017, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
...f54 jcw!

F54 cooper S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 02-17-2017, 02:03 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
The JCW brakes are the TOP !

The F56 is much more harmonious the F55 without the protruding ass.

The F56 JCW is really truly a JCW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MINI Countryman Cooper SD ALL4 Steptronic {R60} Oxford Green + White Roof
+
MINI John Cooper Works Hatch 231 CV manual {F56} Thunder Grey + Red Roof

Sorry for my bad English,
I'm Italian
post #5 of 34 Old 02-17-2017, 02:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
go JCW , its not just the brakes but all associated parts with it that change, the power is more but its the internals to the engine also that change.

JCW
uke likes this.
post #6 of 34 Old 02-17-2017, 11:17 AM
uke

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Jcw.

Last edited by uke; 02-17-2017 at 11:17 AM. Reason: why did it camelcase?
post #7 of 34 Old 02-17-2017, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
If you need the additional space and convenience of rear doors, then there is really only one sensible choice out of the 2 options mentioned...

Nothing worse than buyers remorse when you buy a car that is not fit for purpose and you end up having to change it later at huge expense!

As mentioned, the suspension with VDC is the same on both cars, if you get the JCW brake (may need to change wheels too?) and tuning kit it will negate most of the performance advantage of the JCW model...

The only thing that some may find important is the "image" of having the top of the range model which has snobbery points

MCS Pepper White | JCW Tuning & Brake Kit | JB4 | KW v1 | Forge SS | Enkei | 498 Race Spoke | Michelin SS | Chilli Pack | Lounge Leather w/heating | VDC | HeadUp | HK | V Boost | Chrome Line | Heated Screen | PDC etc..
post #8 of 34 Old 02-17-2017, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
U said it urself. Ur first choice is the F56 JCW, go for it
post #9 of 34 Old 02-17-2017, 12:34 PM
buz

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
If you've lusted after an f56 JCW then follow your heart.

Yes the f55 will be slightly more practical but I manage in my JCW with 2 kids and a Bassett hound. The one thing I would highly recommend are the roof rails as I've used them on many occasions from going on holiday to collecting a xmas tree.

Finally think to yourself do you want to be seen as a wannabe or a full fat JCW owner
uke and dgswick like this.
post #10 of 34 Old 02-17-2017, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Garage
JCW, you'll end up torn apart with regret if you don't......

oh and get the Pro exhaust and HK sounds, don't bother with any other extras, you really wont need them.....

Club Pepper Red

Pepper White / Red 2016 JCW, Black 17" Track Spokes, Harmon Kardon with Visual Boost, Chrono Pack, Auto Lights & Wipers and fruity Pro Exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page