User Tag List

18Likes

post #1 of 35 Old 01-21-2015, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Question 12V Power Sockets

Hello all,

Firstly I apologise if this has already been covered somewhere but I've searched for 45 minutes on this forum, MINI website and Google and cannot get the answer!

12V Power Sockets - How many will I get in a Cooper S? Crucially, will there be one in the boot? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of installing a rear facing dash cam to compliment the one that will be in the front, but don't fancy tracking a wire from the rear camera to the front of the car, so having a 12V socket in the boot would be ideal, otherwise I'll just do without the rear camera!

Many thanks,

Pedro

MINI Cooper S | Midnight Black | JCW Exterior/Interior | Piano Black | Glowing Red | MINI Yours Leather Lounge Carbon Black | Media | Chili | Harman/Kardon | Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors | Darkened Rear Glass | Seat Heating for Driver and Front Seat Passenger | Anthracite Headlining | Sport Automatic Transmission | Heated Front Windscreen | Park Distance Control, Rear | Variable Damper Control | MINI Head Up Display |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 01-21-2015, 06:07 PM
uke

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
I have an MCS, USA version, and there is no 12V power in the boot. But then I have no interior options at all. Apparently there's an option$ package that includes the 12 boot outlet.
Pedro likes this.
post #3 of 35 Old 01-21-2015, 06:37 PM
MCD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I have a MCD in Australia and i do have a power outlet in the boot, However i have every option in the book, also MINIs in aus come as a slightly higher spec as standard.
Pedro likes this.

Loving my Blazing Red MCD Since 19/08/2014

post #4 of 35 Old 01-21-2015, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
got a 5 door MCSD and yes, it does have a power outlet in the boot - just under the removable sill on the right hand side. I'm in the UK.
Pedro likes this.

Cooper F56 in deep blue. Batman's 'other' car AND Cooper SD F55 5 Door in Team VO - 'The Vish'.
post #5 of 35 Old 01-21-2015, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies people.
@Sunster - Did you have to specify a particular option to get the 12V in the boot? i.e. Chili Pack? Or does it come as standard with the Cooper S/SD?

MINI Cooper S | Midnight Black | JCW Exterior/Interior | Piano Black | Glowing Red | MINI Yours Leather Lounge Carbon Black | Media | Chili | Harman/Kardon | Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors | Darkened Rear Glass | Seat Heating for Driver and Front Seat Passenger | Anthracite Headlining | Sport Automatic Transmission | Heated Front Windscreen | Park Distance Control, Rear | Variable Damper Control | MINI Head Up Display |
post #6 of 35 Old 01-22-2015, 01:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
I have one in the boot. In the US, there is Storage Package it came with. Storage Package is part of the Premium Package too.

From the MINI website:

Storage Package - $250
Whether you're just motoring to the grocery store or heading on a cross country road trip, keep your belongings in check with the Storage Package: Storage net in passenger footwell, map pocket on back of front seats, variable double luggage-compartment floor in the luggage compartment, 12V power socket in luggage compartment, and a cargo position for the rear seat bench.
uke and Pedro like this.

Kyle

'15 MCS DeepBlue
post #7 of 35 Old 01-22-2015, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Garage
Uk owner here one in the front by the usb port one in the rear or trunk right side.bonus is its permanently live as far as I can tell. I have chilli pack, not sure what you need to order to ensure you get one!
Pedro likes this.

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
post #8 of 35 Old 01-22-2015, 06:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Thanks for the replies people.
@Sunster - Did you have to specify a particular option to get the 12V in the boot? i.e. Chili Pack? Or does it come as standard with the Cooper S/SD?
As Jeremy says, I think (though correct me on this one) it's part and parcel of the chilli pack. may be worth just checking with the dealer to make sure if you are able to add the pack on or not. Trying to do it after the fact would be problematic and/or costly.
Pedro likes this.

Cooper F56 in deep blue. Batman's 'other' car AND Cooper SD F55 5 Door in Team VO - 'The Vish'.
post #9 of 35 Old 01-22-2015, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

You're all a wealth of information - finding the forum really, really helpful.

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate it.

Sunster/JeremyBingham - Yes I suspect it must then be part of the Chili pack - not the end of the world if not - far from it! But here's hoping the car will have it.

kyleshelton - thanks for taking the time to paste that - hopefully same in the UK here.

I think I saw a thread on Dash cams on this forum so I'll check it out for people's experiences. I still think its in its infancy here, but could prove invaluable!

post #10 of 35 Old 01-22-2015, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Hi Pedro,

I've got the socket in the boot, and I've got the chili but I'm fairly sure it fell within the storage pack as has already been said above.

I've just fitted the new mini 0806 cam in the front, it tucks away nicely behind the mirror. I got a hard-wire kit thrown in, so I've tucked the wires into the headlining, down the a-pillar trim etc then into the fuse box. The only tool I used, for want of a better word, was a credit card to help gain access to the trim panel.

I'm now considering getting an 0801/0803 ie cheaper for the back, but hadn't decided if I would attempt extending the wires and tucking them along the headlining or using the socket in the boot. Of course I should have planned ahead, and got a blackvue, but as a grippy Scot it just seemed too expensive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page