User Tag List

31Likes

post #1 of 32 Old 05-19-2016, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs up Added a couple more mods today

Well, today was a busy one. Added a couple more things.

These...

The blue one...

Couple of these grey ones...

Bad picture of the adjustable rear control arms.

This shows the new rear brakes, spring, swaybar, stainless lines, and end links.

Front brakes were installed with NM stainless brake lines. I was worried for a moment that the wheels wouldn't fit over these rotors. Things are huge!

Brakes with wheels installed...

Topped it all off with a strut brace by NM.

Only downside of this work is I lost all the coding I had done at the Dragon. Software has to be updated for the JCW brakes and once the program starts to run it updates everything. Small price to pay for these brakes though.

The springs closed the wheel well gap nicely too.

Before...

After...

All this work was done by my friend Chris at G3 Automotive. Can't recommend him highly enough for anyone in the Raleigh, NC area.
This is one of his toys. If you were at the Dragon you probably saw him on Vendors Alley.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 05-20-2016, 03:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Looking good!

It's amazing how a couple of cm can transform the look

Enjoy stopping on a pin.

D
post #3 of 32 Old 05-20-2016, 03:43 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
All things I like a lot!
I'm very interested to the sway bar.
Brakes are incredibly expansive (because they need bigger rims) but wonderful!
...I'm a bit surprised by disks, I had Brembo Sport on my old car and holes were real holes...not "printed" as these.
And for the dumpers? I have used shortened H&R springs but they killed my original dumpers

F54 cooper S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 05-20-2016, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
That is awesome, lots of work done and it will transform the cars handling and driving style.

Does your mate Chris do house calls to Australia?????

2 Mini's in 20 years
post #5 of 32 Old 05-20-2016, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Garage
Looks great and I really like your wheels. I visited with Chris for a while at the MOTD and it was a nice visit, he is a stand up guy that does great work. I had him install my JCW PRO exhaust. We did a lot of great runs before, during, and after the event. Including 6 hard and fast runs on the the Tail of the Dragon with our buddies, also a lot of other great area roads, Moonshiner 28, Hellbender, and even a trip to Helen, Georgia for lunch. I had forgotten how good the run up the 3 lane hill was! A great trip and we have already booked a room for next year! Sorry we missed you.
post #6 of 32 Old 05-20-2016, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AarnMunro View Post
All things I like a lot!
I'm very interested to the sway bar.
Brakes are incredibly expansive (because they need bigger rims) but wonderful!
...I'm a bit surprised by disks, I had Brembo Sport on my old car and holes were real holes...not "printed" as these.
And for the dumpers? I have used shortened H&R springs but they killed my original dumpers
Sway bar is 22mm solid by NM Engineering. I used their billet mounts with the grease fittings.

http://www.nm-eng.com/338/0/0/3119/n...-bar-22mm.html

The brake kit is a little expensive, but worth it IMO. My friend ordered it for me for $1320.
The "holes" are actually dimples. Less chance of cracking than with actual holes, but with the same positive effects.
As for the shocks/struts? There are a lot of people running these springs with no problems. I had the Sport suspension to start with, so I decided to go the spring route vs coil overs. Very happy with the ride and handling so far. I'm going for an alignment in a couple of hours.

http://www.nm-eng.com/338/0/0/3107/n...kit.html#popUp[products]/0/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessa View Post
That is awesome, lots of work done and it will transform the cars handling and driving style.

Does your mate Chris do house calls to Australia?????
Just talked with Chris. He said he'd be happy to make a house call as long as the travel is on your dime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDan View Post
Looks great and I really like your wheels. I visited with Chris for a while at the MOTD and it was a nice visit, he is a stand up guy that does great work. I had him install my JCW PRO exhaust. We did a lot of great runs before, during, and after the event. Including 6 hard and fast runs on the the Tail of the Dragon with our buddies, also a lot of other great area roads, Moonshiner 28, Hellbender, and even a trip to Helen, Georgia for lunch. I had forgotten how good the run up the 3 lane hill was! A great trip and we have already booked a room for next year! Sorry we missed you.
Wish we could have crossed paths Dan. As it was, I was only there Friday. Due to a death in the family I had to head home early Saturday.
I'll be there next year for a few days, and my Grandson informed me that he is gonna be my copilot for this trip.
jeremybingham, KYDan and AarnMunro like this.

Last edited by vetsvette; 05-20-2016 at 12:24 PM.
post #7 of 32 Old 07-28-2016, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Another minor mod done today. Installed the AC Schnitzer splitter. I like the way it looks. Since my last post I've replaced the headlight and tail light trim with gloss black units. Next week adding black door handles, gas cap cover, and belt line. One other major cosmetic change to do, hopefully next week and I'll be done for a while. Oh yeah.... Except for the grill surround. Need to source a black one eventually.

Anyway, here's a couple of crappy pictures of he splitter.

pjsjr13, jeremybingham and Blacker like this.
post #8 of 32 Old 07-28-2016, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
That splitter looks great! I have been looking for one that fits that bumper for quite a while. Also mind if I ask what wheels are those? They look fantastic. Ive been looking for new wheels to house a soon to come big brake kit!
post #9 of 32 Old 07-29-2016, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks.
The wheels are NM Engineering (Neuspeed) RSe05 17X7.5 et40.

http://www.nm-eng.com/338/0/0/3249/n...ght-wheel.html
post #10 of 32 Old 07-29-2016, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Looking good.. Still undecided whether to go the de-chrome route as yet as I actually liking the look for now... Maybe im getting old lol

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
jeremybingham likes this.

MCS Pepper White | JCW Tuning & Brake Kit | JB4 | KW v1 | Forge SS | Enkei | 498 Race Spoke | Michelin SS | Chilli Pack | Lounge Leather w/heating | VDC | HeadUp | HK | V Boost | Chrome Line | Heated Screen | PDC etc..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page