12Likes

post #1 of 32 Old 11-29-2016, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
JB4 Burgertune vs NM Power Module?

Title says it all.

I've gone through the specifications of both but what are the differences between them?

NM Power Module is sub $400 where as the JB4 Burgertune is around $500!!

There has to be a huge positive to the JB4 I would assume?

Enlighten me!
Sushinurse likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 11-29-2016, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Have a look here -

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...wmw-remus.html
winceyette and ChimChimGoFast like this.

MCS Pepper White | JCW Tuning & Brake Kit | JB4 | KW v1 | Forge SS | Enkei | 498 Race Spoke | Michelin SS | Chilli Pack | Lounge Leather w/heating | VDC | HeadUp | HK | V Boost | Chrome Line | Heated Screen | PDC etc..
post #3 of 32 Old 12-15-2016, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
1 vote for NM here 😉

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 12-15-2016, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I have two 2015 mini's cooper s's. One has the NM the other the Burger. Burger pulls way harder. In fact the Burger on a stock f56 can easily pull away from a f56 with the JCW tune and exhaust. The NM in high and or low setting can only pull away slightly. I have data logged both. The Burger has lower peak boost PSI however it is more consistent through the entire RPM range. The NM falls flat in the higher RPM range. Your milage may vary.
post #5 of 32 Old 12-15-2016, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Garage
I have the JCW Tuning Kit and the NM and consider it a superior combination. The NM is plug, play and forget, but if tinkering with maps and logging is your thing you might prefer the JB.
post #6 of 32 Old 12-16-2016, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetsvette View Post
if tinkering with maps and logging is your thing you might prefer the JB.
You don't have to enjoy tinkering with maps or logging to enjoy the JB4.... You could just leave it on map1 or map2 (no different to NM on low or high) and just enjoy

The advantage of the NM module is it's easier to remove and install compared to the JB4 which is probably the most awkward to install of the tuning boxes available due to the use of the ODB2 cable needed for map2 and in car map switching
vetsvette and KYDan like this.

MCS Pepper White | JCW Tuning & Brake Kit | JB4 | KW v1 | Forge SS | Enkei | 498 Race Spoke | Michelin SS | Chilli Pack | Lounge Leather w/heating | VDC | HeadUp | HK | V Boost | Chrome Line | Heated Screen | PDC etc..

Last edited by sootyvrs; 12-16-2016 at 11:23 AM.
post #7 of 32 Old 12-16-2016, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Arias View Post
I have two 2015 mini's cooper s's. One has the NM the other the Burger. Burger pulls way harder. In fact the Burger on a stock f56 can easily pull away from a f56 with the JCW tune and exhaust. The NM in high and or low setting can only pull away slightly. I have data logged both. The Burger has lower peak boost PSI however it is more consistent through the entire RPM range. The NM falls flat in the higher RPM range. Your milage may vary.
Is this with Map1 or 2 and do you know the HP gain difference between the two? Also, are there any other conditions needed to run Map 2, 100 octane, catless DP, etc?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
post #8 of 32 Old 12-16-2016, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnozBerry View Post
Title says it all.

I've gone through the specifications of both but what are the differences between them?

NM Power Module is sub $400 where as the JB4 Burgertune is around $500!!

There has to be a huge positive to the JB4 I would assume?

Enlighten me!
Is your mini still covered by the OEM warranty? And if it is have you asked your dealer about warranty implications if you use the Burgertune? The main advantage of the NM module is it is a quick uninstall without a sufficient detectable electronic trail if you have warranty work done and don't want to risk a warranty dispute. I have not tried the high setting on the NM yet as I have not been able to obtain unleaded high octane race fuel to mix with the 93 octane available at the pump. A caveat for me is that driving the extreme twisties that I enjoy the car has adequate oomph to exceed my driving abilities. When I can take corners fast enough to tear inner tire sidewall linings additional power is more or less wasted.
post #9 of 32 Old 12-31-2016, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
One question, here, in France, we can run with 95 and 98 octane.
Do you think the 98 unleaded is enough to use the NM power module on the highest position
post #10 of 32 Old 12-31-2016, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boubi View Post
One question, here, in France, we can run with 95 and 98 octane.
Do you think the 98 unleaded is enough to use the NM power module on the highest position
You can run it on the high setting regardless of the octane rating and it will not damage your mini. However, I don't know what gains will be realized over the low setting. I have never tried it on the high setting. With the NM and the JCW PRO exhaust I realized a 30 horsepower increase with a corresponding increase in torque on the low setting. I have had it on the car for almost a year and I am very pleased with it. The pull in overboost is amazing. I still plan to acquire some 100 octane fuel and set it to high and see what gains I can achieve. The best feature is it's plug and play and it can be removed and reinstalled with ease in less than 30 minutes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page