User Tag List

11Likes

post #1 of 20 Old 10-11-2016, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to dennysb
Front Grill Surround BLACK F56 MCS

What are my choices If I want to get a Front Grill Surround BLACK for my F56 MCS?

The Mini dealer will not sell me this part even tough I believe this part exist for he JCW? Are they any sources in the U.S where I reside?

I am planning to get the frames for the front and back light on BLACK but that looks weird if the grill frame stays chrome

See attachment image
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	800600001g3nmx6000.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	45817  

Dennys Bisogno
Twitter: Dennysb -- Instagram: Dennysb

Volcanic Orange Cooper S 2-Door HT 2015 -JCW Tune Kit - OZ Ultraleggera Wheels - Pilot Super Sport Tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 10-12-2016, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennysb View Post
What are my choices If I want to get a Front Grill Surround BLACK for my F56 MCS?

The Mini dealer will not sell me this part even tough I believe this part exist for he JCW? Are they any sources in the U.S where I reside?

I am planning to get the frames for the front and back light on BLACK but that looks weird if the grill frame stays chrome

See attachment image
That's subjective on whether it looks weird with black light trims and chrome front grille

The official black light trims from Mini are replacement parts for the Cooper S Challenge and the JCW Challenge editions. Both of those cars still come with a chrome front grille surround which is why I think you are having trouble officially finding the part.

Luckily you can get an aftermarket part online pre-painted the colour of your choice but it's kinda pricey: http://newministuff.com/front-grille...ted-1319-p.asp

You could consider getting it professionally wrapped (or wrap it yourself if you want a fun project for less than half the cost)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
JCW, 3 Door Hardtop, Auto
Rebel Green Metallic w/JCW Bonnet Stripes, 18" Cup Spoke Wheels, JCW Cloth Seats, HK Sound System, LED Driving, Dynamic Dampers, Sunroof.
MODS: JCW Pro exhaust, carbon fibre tips, de-chromed light trim, door handles, fuel cap, NM-eng power module, sports aerial, emblem puddle lights, OEM mud guards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 Old 10-12-2016, 02:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Garage
I had my body guy remove my grill surround and paint it. Can't tell you what it cost because I had some other stuff painted at the same time. They're hard to remove without breaking some clips unless you remove the front bumper first. Or, you can have a good body guy (like mine) do it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 10-12-2016, 02:58 AM

I have done the headlights and not grill surround...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2388_1476255474615.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	45825  
post #5 of 20 Old 10-12-2016, 04:27 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Garage
Why buy the Frame just have it wrapped in black my Dealer quoted me over $ 300.00 for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is not "Old School" if you can not put a Weber on it.
post #6 of 20 Old 10-12-2016, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Or just keep the front grille surround chrome like the official challenge editions.

JCW Challenge:

Cooper S Challenge 210:
Evlkarl and dmk like this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
JCW, 3 Door Hardtop, Auto
Rebel Green Metallic w/JCW Bonnet Stripes, 18" Cup Spoke Wheels, JCW Cloth Seats, HK Sound System, LED Driving, Dynamic Dampers, Sunroof.
MODS: JCW Pro exhaust, carbon fibre tips, de-chromed light trim, door handles, fuel cap, NM-eng power module, sports aerial, emblem puddle lights, OEM mud guards

post #7 of 20 Old 10-12-2016, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
The available black grill surround is not made by MINI, you can get it HERE. The other option is have it painted or wrapped.

Understeer - is when you hit the wall with the front wing; oversteer - is when you hit the wall with the back wing; horsepower - is how fast you hit the wall; torque - is how far you move the wall when you hit it.
post #8 of 20 Old 10-12-2016, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to dennysb
Thank you everyone!

The thing is I have a "Orange Vocano" MCS and saw one in the dealer with the black light frames and chrome frame grill and was not too happy with the look.

But maybe I will go for it with the light frames now - and then when/if the grill frame can be change/painted I will try that

THX!

Dennys Bisogno
Twitter: Dennysb -- Instagram: Dennysb

Volcanic Orange Cooper S 2-Door HT 2015 -JCW Tune Kit - OZ Ultraleggera Wheels - Pilot Super Sport Tires
post #9 of 20 Old 10-12-2016, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Garage
Since Mini does not sell the black frame i wonder what they quoted me.

It is not "Old School" if you can not put a Weber on it.
post #10 of 20 Old 10-12-2016, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlkarl View Post
Since Mini does not sell the black frame i wonder what they quoted me.
Yeah, I'm curious now too. I stopped at the parts department last time my car was in for service and they didn't show a black grill surround, only the black head and tail light rings.

Understeer - is when you hit the wall with the front wing; oversteer - is when you hit the wall with the back wing; horsepower - is how fast you hit the wall; torque - is how far you move the wall when you hit it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page