no puddle lights - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

post #1 of 18 Old 02-25-2017, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
no puddle lights

we've a 2017 f55s basic with sport, storage packages with auto paddle shifters. I bought 2 pairs of fancy puddles lights a couple of months ago prior to getting our Mini and today I go to install but there's absolutely no basic puddle lights on the doors. I can see where the light would be if... , anyone one knows if the doors puddle light wiring behind the door panels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-25-2017, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Garage
Is there a rubber or plastic rectangular plug in the center bottom of the door? If so, pull it out carefully as there is a lip on the end. You can work it loose and tell which end had the plastic piece that holds it in. If the door is wired you will find it there. It has a small male plug on the end of 4 wires.
post #3 of 18 Old 02-26-2017, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Garage
Picture?

I thought all F-chassis MINIs had puddle lights.....or it could be another in a long line of weird regional differences...
vetsvette likes this.

CURRENT MINI: 2015 Cooper S F55 - "Capella" - Pepper White - Black roof/sport stripes - Black Punch Seats - JCW Ext/Int Kits - Wired/Wired Up/Premium/Cold Packages - Connected XL - DDC - LED Headlights w/Cornering - Park Assist
STATUS: Ordered - 1/16, In Production - 1/23, Completed - 2/3,At Sea - 2/12, Arrival to Port - 3/4, At Dealer - 3/17
Retired:2011 True Blue CM S All4 - "Tachikoma"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 02-27-2017, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

I rechecked and verified our Mini has no puddle lights, the plastic door panel has an indention so to say as to where I'd assume the puddle light be situated at. It doesn't have a blank cover over the spot and just a solid plastic piece of door panel. If I really really really want to install the puddle lights I'd have to modify and cut the panel for fitment(scary). I'd have to pull door panels to see if wires exist If having to do that, might as well spend more money on better door speakers. Geez

This was an Nov. 2016 build shipped to the US

Last edited by Paul S.; 02-27-2017 at 11:17 PM.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-28-2017, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 946 Post(s)
Garage
I thought they were in the metal base of the door underside; very odd and as a bove another regional oddity!
A quick trawl on here seems to think they are part of the 'excitement ' pack!

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)

Last edited by jeremybingham; 02-28-2017 at 04:02 AM.
post #6 of 18 Old 02-28-2017, 08:32 AM
uke

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Figuring out the options on these cars almost requires an AI anymore. My MA admits to being befuddled by my questions about ambient lights, secret compartments, etc. etc. He ends up having to go out on the floor to find an identically provisioned car to verify if a feature exists or not.

Which can be problematic because my car is so weird for an AZ MINI. Manual transmission JCW? Waaaaa? So to paraphrase one of our esteemed genius politicians, "I have to buy the car to see what's in it".

It's actually kind of exciting. Like opening a mystery present. MINI God taketh away, but MINI God also giveth.

11 days. Oh lord. Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?
jeremybingham likes this.
post #7 of 18 Old 02-28-2017, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Garage
Just an FYI Outmotoring has a cool replacement unit that will project a mini John Cooper Works logo on the ground when you open the door! I think the set is about $30.
uke likes this.
post #8 of 18 Old 02-28-2017, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

I always thought from watching youtube videos that it was situated in the plastic door panel as some having to trim some plastic to fit the slightly larger replacement puddle body. I'll go and check the metal door underside this eve, hope it's there
on another note as I browse our local Mini dealership's inventory via online I noticed this under the interior specs heading:

Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy and Illuminated Entry

we don't have the Remote Keyless Entry option so... and why I may not have the puddle lights
jeremybingham likes this.

Last edited by Paul S.; 02-28-2017 at 10:13 AM.
post #9 of 18 Old 02-28-2017, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
On mine the lamps are a roughly 2" x 3/4" oblong mounted in the bottom of the plastic door trim, about 2/3 of the way back from the hinges.
There is also a separate lamp in the door mirror (driver's side only) that projects the MINI logo on the ground.

2016/17 Cooper vert (F57) auto.
post #10 of 18 Old 02-28-2017, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 946 Post(s)
Garage
sorry dp mike is right
J

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page