Anybody else finds the interior colors boring? - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum
User Tag List

15Likes

post #1 of 22 Old 08-02-2016, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Garage
Anybody else finds the interior colors boring?

I only can speak for the NA Market but I start to find the interior color combos a little boring and well should I say not so exciting anymore. More or less all you can get is black or is black with very few exceptions. Most of the seats are black or have black in it carpet is black the headliner options are very few too. I would like to see more color options for the seats headliner carpet door panels etc. I start to think Mini needs to bring some colors back into the interior. What you say? For an example I would like to order my next Mini in BRG with tan/cognac interior or Melting/White Silver with red seats can not get it from the factory. Kinda sad since them Mini,s get pretty pricey with them options and you are more or less stuck with black.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is not "Old School" if you can not put a Weber on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 08-02-2016, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Toi, toi ,toi Evlkarl.
Evlkarl likes this.
post #3 of 22 Old 08-02-2016, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Garage
Agree 100% ... nothing makes a statement like a great interior. My biggest issue with the current US specification.
Evlkarl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 08-02-2016, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Agreed, the current selection of interior colors is not exciting. I looked at going with the white custom interior and accents when I bought my 2015, but that would have added over $1k to the price.

In the southern US states, where temperatures get to boiling, I'm sure many people would prefer a lighter interior over black. There's no joy in getting into an oven.
Evlkarl likes this.

Electric Blue 2015 Cooper S 5-door, Fully Loaded + Parking distance control, rear view camera, heads up display
post #5 of 22 Old 08-02-2016, 08:41 PM

Garage
What is frustrating is that opting for leather on the BMW 2-3 series is a $1,450 option and there are multiple choices (Black, Red, Oyster, Terra, etc.).

On the MINI, full leather will cost $1,500 - $2,250 and the choices are very limited. Several of the options cost more, but have less features than the basic JCW seats. The best option (Mini Yours Lounge Leather) is $2,250, but only comes in black.

Not sure I understand the offering. It certainly doesn't add up to the degree of customization that MINI suggests.
Evlkarl likes this.
post #6 of 22 Old 08-02-2016, 08:50 PM

Garage
Just a thought ... Chesterfield leather on a Chili Red / White combination ... can you get any more classic?
Evlkarl likes this.
post #7 of 22 Old 08-02-2016, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Garage
My favorite interior color is black so I have no issues whatsoever! Quality is very good imo! I have the dinamica/leather JCW sport seats too & they are lovely! I agree however since not everyone prefers black that other colors would be nice for those wishing something else.
jeremybingham likes this.
post #8 of 22 Old 08-02-2016, 09:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
My favorite interior color is black so I have no issues whatsoever! Quality is very good imo! I have the dinamica/leather JCW sport seats too & they are lovely! I agree however since not everyone prefers black that other colors would be nice for those wishing something else.
How are the dinamica/leather seats holding up. I like the as an option, but am concerned about wear
post #9 of 22 Old 08-02-2016, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtowell View Post
How are the dinamica/leather seats holding up. I like the as an option, but am concerned about wear
So far so good but my JCW has barely 700 miles on it! I wipe them off constantly but the material seems to be robust. I love the alcantra/suede "feel".... keeps you "planted"!

I struggled with my choice of seats...really liked the punch black leather, but in a JCW I had to go with JCW sport seats! ;-)

I also really like the black vinyl sport seats. I bet they would wear like iron! Easy to clean also, but they're not leather.
jeremybingham likes this.
post #10 of 22 Old 08-03-2016, 05:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
My mini has done over 10k km with the JCW alcantra seats and they are awesome. They absorb alot of the bumps, hold you in tight but not uncomfortably so and they are wearing really great so far. I highly recommend them. As for the interior being boring, i actually think its exciting if you buy enough options and that is the catch i suppose.
Evlkarl likes this.

2 Mini's in 20 years

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page