Serious brake kit Tarox 10 piston for F56!!! - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

post #1 of 13 Old 11-12-2016, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Serious brake kit Tarox 10 piston for F56!!!

Just found this for anyone who is after serious stopping power for the Mini F56

http://www.performance-car-guide.co....-mini-f56.html

Not cheap though....

Can't say that I'm unhappy with the JCW Brakes I have now though for less than half price of this kit.
daydotz and AarnMunro like this.

MCS Pepper White | JCW Tuning & Brake Kit | JB4 | KW v1 | Forge SS | Enkei | 498 Race Spoke | Michelin SS | Chilli Pack | Lounge Leather w/heating | VDC | HeadUp | HK | V Boost | Chrome Line | Heated Screen | PDC etc..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-12-2016, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
They look good but are probs overkill for the F56, nice though. I did wonder if anyone would do anything for the rear, but considering they dont it suggests the stopping power wouldnt be much more than the JCW kit.
post #3 of 13 Old 11-12-2016, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens View Post
They look good but are probs overkill for the F56, nice though. I did wonder if anyone would do anything for the rear, but considering they dont it suggests the stopping power wouldnt be much more than the JCW kit.
Not sure if I'm understanding this right but doesn't the below state that they are quite a bit more powerful?

"In practice this equates to 1802kg of braking force per side (front), a significant improvement over the 1424kg mustered by the factory setup."

The thing perhaps of greater significance is that the discs are 4.8kg lighter and calipers another 1.1kg lighter which is lighter near 6kg of unsprung weight!

I guess it's for those who want ultimate performance at a cost
jeremybingham likes this.

MCS Pepper White | JCW Tuning & Brake Kit | JB4 | KW v1 | Forge SS | Enkei | 498 Race Spoke | Michelin SS | Chilli Pack | Lounge Leather w/heating | VDC | HeadUp | HK | V Boost | Chrome Line | Heated Screen | PDC etc..

post #4 of 13 Old 11-12-2016, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Thing is with brakes, if you have enough force to lock up your wheels then it wont matter past that point, and im sure the JCW brakes can do that. So even if it does have more force I doubt in the real world they would be any better. If you get my drift. They do look good though and having large discs to fill the wheels would be nice.
post #5 of 13 Old 11-12-2016, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Tarox...is 15 km from my office...I wonder if this spectacle can enter in a F54S

F54 cooper S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 Old 11-12-2016, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Be nice to have a picture of the kit on the bench
Esp the discs
Be suprised it fits all 18" rims, as et54 is a challenge

I'm thinking 2 part discs for the Jcw setup would be best bang for buck

SD....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

17" BBS wheels, Jcw brembos BBK, hel lines, ate fluid, Goodyear non runflat, slowly Upgrading from the floor up
post #7 of 13 Old 11-12-2016, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Garage
I have found the Bembro brakes on the JCW to be more than adequate and I have noticed noticed any fade during track use or on mountain twisty events. The GP has the 6 piston version for a more dedicated track car.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-10-2017, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I absolutely ~loved~ the JCW brakes (and pads!) on the Dragon last fall: http://tinyurl.com/grh6xol

After flushing with some Motul, they didn't fade, squeak, or excessively dust one stinking bit over the entire trip. I freaking loved them and was pleasantly surprised with the OEM brake pads. I would not have changed a thing with the brake setup. And I agree, if they are powerful enough to lock them up, you don't need any more powerful calipers, in fact I would wonder if you'd have problems with F/R bias and pedal feel?

Plus, if these aftermarket calipers & rotors are lighter, that is great for sprung weight, but... you have less mass now for absorbing heat from the pads, right?
post #9 of 13 Old 03-11-2017, 05:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
They look amazing and are lighter than OEM. The cost is too much tho
post #10 of 13 Old 03-13-2017, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens View Post
Thing is with brakes, if you have enough force to lock up your wheels then it wont matter past that point, and im sure the JCW brakes can do that. So even if it does have more force I doubt in the real world they would be any better. If you get my drift. They do look good though and having large discs to fill the wheels would be nice.
See your point and i was tempted to think the same BUT weight savings and fade are also factors. I am with all you guys here,really nice but too expensive but if you're a serious trackday fan and if (don't know as i don't do track days or get close on the road even in our s)you experience fade then these might be a money no object upgrade. HOWEVERif you're chucking this sort of money at a road car to track then you might argue you'd be better with a challenge or dedicated track car eg a caterham or bac etc etc!

Looknice but then jcw callipers look v nice too!

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page