User Tag List

13Likes

post #1 of 36 Old 12-09-2014, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Unhappy Flaky Bluetooth... Confused it?

Hi all. In some respects this issue is going to be dealt with, but am posting to see if others have had the same experience.

Just picked up my new f56 with visual boost and Bluetooth. When I collected the car from the showroom the Bluetooth refused to work. We tried this on various phones. I have a windows phone, but we tried it on android and iPhones to no avail.

So I drove it home knowing that I would bee booked in to be looked at. I bought the car from a garage further away, but the same franchise as my local showroom (better deal) which is the reason I drove the car away as I didn't want another 150 mile round trip.

The odd thing was on the way back I collected my son from school. I got back into the car and Bluetooth worked!

I should explain that the fault is that the Bluetooth hangs on 'please wait' and the phone book etc. can't be loaded... Neither can music. From my phone side it lists the mini as connectable but doesn't or can't establish a connection.

So, all fine and dandy for a few days until today. I had my phone connected and made three stops. As they were quick stops I kept my phone in the car and turned off the engine, locked doors and did my stuff. I was at for a matter of minutes. On the first two occasions the phone reconnected and continued with the podcast I had playing. On the last occasion the Bluetooth option wouldn't connect at all. Tried turning car on and off, restarting phone etc. but to no avail. Visual boost sticks on 'please wait' and the phone doesn't connect with voice or music or phone book.

Definitely something wrong, and a pain as its intermittent, so will be booked in but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Cooper F56 in deep blue. Batman's 'other' car AND Cooper SD F55 5 Door in Team VO - 'The Vish'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 12-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Garage
Mine seems to have started doing the same. Coincided with the phone being paired in the house to our stereo though. It was fine up to that point. Can't now check it out as can't drive or even get in the car at the moment but I am blaming the phone at the moment not the car!

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
post #3 of 36 Old 12-09-2014, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That was a quick response Jeremy!

I was really doubtful anyone else would have had the issue. From my perspective this is definitely a car issue as we tried it out on a number of phones at the dealership... That's not to say however that it's entirely a car issue. The last stop was at a petrol station and I'm wondering if having so many phones available to pair has looped the system, effectively making it disconnect whilst thinking it's connected or vice versa. The annoying thing is the fact it is intermittent, or at least there's possilbly a specific set of circumstances that lead it to do this, never the easiest to diagnose. More annoyingly is not knowing what the circumstances are for it to reconnect!

Still, it's a new car and shouldn't be plagued with such gremlins.

Cooper F56 in deep blue. Batman's 'other' car AND Cooper SD F55 5 Door in Team VO - 'The Vish'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 Old 12-09-2014, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I have this problem too, intermittently - hence some of my questions in another thread about how to play podcasts. Sometimes the phone is recognized as soon as I switch on the engine, but other times the connection appears to fail and the external bluetooth device shows as "unconnected". I've had the connection apparently stall on "please wait" too. Each time, I've eventually managed to get round the problem - usually by using the on/off switch on the central display (turn it off and turn it on again - that seems to initiate a certain amount of 're-booting'). A few times I've gone through the process of deleting the phone from the bluetooth menu and then re-pairing it...and that's worked. I'd assumed all this was due to teething problems with the iPhone 6, and that eventually there'd be a software update that would help smooth things out, but it sounds like you've had the same problem with other phones, Sunster.
post #5 of 36 Old 12-09-2014, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Hmmm sounds as if it could be a mini issue then as mine is android.Samsung galaxy s3 mini but it worked fine forvthe first two months till I paired it with something else. Ill experiment when I can get in the car again!

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)
post #6 of 36 Old 12-09-2014, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Yep - Exactly the same here too - really annoying when it happens, but starts working again the next time I get in the car.

I've also noticed that when you get the dreaded "please wait" on the Bluetooth screen, the in car manual also stops working... almost like a chunk of hard drive has been lobotomised..
post #7 of 36 Old 12-09-2014, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
In addition to the above - I have Mini connected, and was wondering if it was the fact that i'm connecting the phone via USB and also trying to link via Bluetooth that was causing the issue
post #8 of 36 Old 12-09-2014, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
ahhh, well, glad I'm not the only one... but obviously not glad that it's happening to others, if you catch my drift!

Now, Mister M - I don't think this is an issue with you using mini connected alongside BT as I don't use this function at all.

Shigaman, turning the centre console on/off never actually occurred to me (doh!) - I was seeing it as turning the engine on/off doing the same thing, but came to the conclusion that after a certain amount of time the system would clean itself out and all would be fine.

Suffice to say, after posting the comments above I took a break for a few hours and returned to the car and all is functioning once again.

I will keep everyone posted, though this may take some time as BT functioned perfectly for almost a week.

The next question would be to think about whether there's any point in taking it in now or wait a bit longer?
jeremybingham and Shigaman like this.

post #9 of 36 Old 12-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Good stuff,when back in action will try the on off thing. Bit odd that but the joys of software!
Sunster likes this.

post #10 of 36 Old 12-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Hat

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Garage
I wouldnt be surprised if theres a general software update at some point
jeremybingham and Sunster like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page