12Likes

post #1 of 104 Old 08-28-2015, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Hat

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Garage
Updated Mini Connected now available

Just downloaded the new update to Mini Connected so will be trying it out tomorrow. I can confirm that third party apps such as spotify, deezer, tune in etc are all still available but web radio appears to have gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 Old 08-28-2015, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
All I can say to everyone thinking to update to the new version is: if you like/use the feature apps DON'T UPDATE to this version, all the feature apps are gone (Minimalism, Mission Control, Web Radio, Driving Excitement, etc) and you're left with the Streetwise feature that it's kinda nice but definitely not a good trade
post #3 of 104 Old 08-28-2015, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Garage
Do people actually use Mission Control and Dynamic Music? I used it once to show off and never touched it again - too annoying. Driving Excitement is still there.

BTW, TuneIn Radio is a Connected compatible app and does the same stuff Web Radio did.

CURRENT MINI: 2015 Cooper S F55 - "Capella" - Pepper White - Black roof/sport stripes - Black Punch Seats - JCW Ext/Int Kits - Wired/Wired Up/Premium/Cold Packages - Connected XL - DDC - LED Headlights w/Cornering - Park Assist
STATUS: Ordered - 1/16, In Production - 1/23, Completed - 2/3,At Sea - 2/12, Arrival to Port - 3/4, At Dealer - 3/17
Retired:2011 True Blue CM S All4 - "Tachikoma"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 104 Old 08-28-2015, 07:52 PM

Garage
Unless I'm missing something only some parts of the Driving Excitement feature are available (force meter and sports instruments) but it's not the same and at least I used Mission Control everyday along with the Minimalism feature

I'm trying to recover the old version but I emptied my trash can without noticing that the old app was there :/
post #5 of 104 Old 08-28-2015, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I liked the Minimalism app, especially on long highway trips. The voice recordings were too repetitive for me though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #6 of 104 Old 08-28-2015, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The new Mini Connected app is odd. I don't understand why they have this app and also Journey Mate. You would have thought they would have combine the two, but each app offers some different functions and some similar functions. Maybe Journey Mate only works with XL option? Unclear.
post #7 of 104 Old 08-29-2015, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Hat

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphone318 View Post
The new Mini Connected app is odd. I don't understand why they have this app and also Journey Mate. You would have thought they would have combine the two, but each app offers some different functions and some similar functions. Maybe Journey Mate only works with XL option? Unclear.
Correct, journey mate is only for XL
post #8 of 104 Old 08-29-2015, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Has this appeared in just the Appstore? Can't yet see any updates on Google Play.
post #9 of 104 Old 08-29-2015, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff View Post
Has this appeared in just the Appstore? Can't yet see any updates on Google Play.
As of right now I don't think there is an update for android, only iOS, which is a bummer considering how bare the android app is.

Must say I'm torn on this. The interface is much better looking and easy to navigate, but I do wish they had kept things like the dynamic music, mission control ,etc even if it meant burying them in a menu setting somewhere. I understand those were niche items and goofy, but they were definitely unique to MINI. Now the app seems kind of....bland? Hopefully this update will be the start of MINI really trying to focus in and improve the app. Still happy to have the ability to use the connected apps like pandora and spotify though.
post #10 of 104 Old 08-29-2015, 10:46 AM

Garage
Any good samaritan that could upload the old version to dropbox or something like that??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page