The Other (CODING) Options Tracker - F55/F56/F54(?) - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

post #1 of 27 Old 11-17-2015, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Question The Other (CODING) Options Tracker - F55/F56/F54(?)

So, I know that everyone pretty much knows where to find the most common options. But there's a lot of hidden settings that I'm trying to figure out and document. This is based on my 2016 F55, but should be applicable to more than just that (any F56-based car and probably other BMW models as well)

I have started tonight working through the HU_NBT_EVO ECU. I am not yet done, and I don't have descriptions for everything - so I really want to finish some of this out. If you have ideas, please either message me or write in this post! And if you're willing to help out with additional ECUs, I'd really appreciate it.

LINK TO MY FILE (view only right now)

I'm trying to figure it out as I go (without breaking my new car), so..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 11-17-2015, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey anything have you discovered about getting the JCW Tach to be enabled on the HUD?
post #3 of 27 Old 11-18-2015, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

DISCOVERY NUMBER 1

Enable JCW Tachometer in HUD

Requirements: F-Series MINI Cooper or Cooper S, Heads-Up Display. Probably also requires Visual Boost.

Go to HU_NBT_EVO (I cannot help if you don't have HU_NBT_EVO, but I would suggest looking for similar terms).

Under 300C > HUD, set HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

(Alternatively, it may be possible to use "300C > HUD > HUD_M" and set that to ACTIV. Turning both on creates menu items in the HUD menu for M View and Sports Gauges; Sports Gauges gives more options.)

Next, go to KOMBI and under 3003 > FZG_Aussttang, set HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV. I also enabled HUD_FAHRSTUFE_ENABLE - but I'm not sure what that does.
fjsato likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 11-18-2015, 05:44 PM

@patchmonkey once you enabled all those and the option to select Sports Gauges show up, when selecting them does it actually work?
post #5 of 27 Old 11-29-2015, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Can someone please point me in the right direction for the best cable & software package to get? I have seen a few on FleaBay.
Oszbi likes this.
post #6 of 27 Old 11-29-2015, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Does anyone know if it's possible to code the folding mirrors to operate when you lock the car (rather than holding the remote button for another second or two) ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rebel, the Clubman JCW
post #7 of 27 Old 11-29-2015, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to code the folding mirrors to operate when you lock the car (rather than holding the remote button for another second or two) ?
It is indeed possible and one of the first things I did. You can also make the windows go up remotely as well as down.

CURRENT MINI: 2015 Cooper S F55 - "Capella" - Pepper White - Black roof/sport stripes - Black Punch Seats - JCW Ext/Int Kits - Wired/Wired Up/Premium/Cold Packages - Connected XL - DDC - LED Headlights w/Cornering - Park Assist
STATUS: Ordered - 1/16, In Production - 1/23, Completed - 2/3,At Sea - 2/12, Arrival to Port - 3/4, At Dealer - 3/17
Retired:2011 True Blue CM S All4 - "Tachikoma"
post #8 of 27 Old 12-05-2015, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Doesn’t seem to do anything. My reality hasn’t changed at all.
Haha! This got me!
post #9 of 27 Old 12-06-2015, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Is it hard to do it yourself as newbie? Or let it do by a coding expert?

'14 BRG Cooper S | Remus V2 Catback | Fi Catless Downpipe | ITG Airfilter | 17" BBS SX | Remus Responder | Goodridge stainless steel brake lines |

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 27 Old 04-10-2016, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi,

Im new with codding and only want to change my F56 Configurations (like headsup with RPM). I follow all steps that I found on Bimmer and I get the connection with the car succesfully. The problem is 2 erros with my ESYS software. Anyone can help me? I generated a document in the link below (.docx).

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ad2tr097ge...ding.docx?dl=0

Many thanks to all!!!

Sato.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page