• 1 Post By Paul S.
  • 1 Post By Paul S.

post #1 of 6 Old 04-19-2017, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Garage
Car Review: 2017 Mini Cooper S 5-Door

I had a F55 MCS as a loaner for a week. I gave the F55 a good hard look and came to the conclusion that it is not for me. I can not get used to the look from the side and the 2 extra doors are really not that practical. It sure is a lovely car for the right person also I prefer the 3cylinder over the 4. So my next Mini will be another 2 door with 3 cylinders.

If you're prudent with options, you can keep the price close to $30K – but if you need rear leg room, you may need to upsize

Oh, I shouldn’t be enjoying myself so much. In some retail outlets I am considered a senior citizen, so I should be showing some maturity, not looking for opportunities to blast up on-ramps or hoon around corners with gleeful abandon. Yes, I blame Mini’s still diminutive 5-Door, the slightly more stretched and therefore more practical version of the future-classic 3-Door hardtop. And, yes, without going into deep debt, few are the cars that will plaster a Cheshire cat grin on your face as wide as the one resulting from even a few minutes in the seat of the British-built, BMW-owned subcompact.

http://driving.ca/mini/cooper/review...r-seven-5-door
jeremybingham and uke like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is not "Old School" if you can not put a Weber on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-19-2017, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
I have the same view on the 5 door but to those that have them then enjoy as it's purely my view

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Life's too short not to!!"
post #3 of 6 Old 04-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Garage
You only live once so don't grow up .do what you're doing and what you enjoy. I totally agree with you re the 3cylinder. Loving our cooper S f54 but there's nothing this side of a porsche to beat that noise,torque, lightness smooth reviness ,sound and economy. It realk is an inspired engine and ford now have 190 bhp out of something similar in the new fiesta st :. plenty of scope for mini! Not quite sure then where the 2l engine fits in? But we love ours.
Evlkarl likes this.

Surprisingly delighted to have moved to an f54((with a r59 in the fold for fun!)

post #4 of 6 Old 04-21-2017, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
If it wasn't for the f55 we to this day would never have owned a Mini. In all honesty "I" prefer the looks of the previous generations
Evlkarl likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-21-2017, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S. View Post
If it wasn't for the f55 we to this day would never have owned a Mini. In all honesty "I" prefer the looks of the previous generations
If you're talking looks then the Gen1s were my favorite

"Life's too short not to!!"
post #6 of 6 Old 04-21-2017, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
#1 on my wife checkpoint list was having a 5 door, #2 was the cost factor as in all my 62 years on this planet we never spent more than $17k for a ride. Wife's drive so what can I say, I'd rather have had a 2 door model myself. Then when it comes to pricing, the 5 door hardtop was less costly than a Countryman or the 6 door Clubman for her needs. For me the looks of the Countryman/Clubman looked a bit oversized moreso than the 5 door hardtop vs. the previous 2 door generations. lol. The bottom line: Wife is a happy camper! Her 1st Brand Spanking New Car and to ad to that, one that she really wanted.
Evlkarl likes this.

Last edited by Paul S.; 04-21-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page