User Tag List

2Likes

post #1 of 13 Old 03-18-2017, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Help installing Racechip Ultimate

Hi All,

So I ordered a Mishimoto filter and Racechip Ultimate for my F56 JCW and went to fit them today.

The Mishimoto was easier than I expected and looks and sounds great !

However the Racechip Ultimate is proving "tricky".

Firstly the manual delivered shows two connectors - whereas the wiring harness and photo's emailed on purchase from Racechip show 3 connectors.

The wiring harness connectors are labeled A, B & C.
The photo's emailed fomr Racechip are not labeled - so the stupid question is - which connector goes where ??

I assume that the first connector shown in the photo's from Racechip is connector A, the second photo (airflow sensor) is connector B and the third photo (turbo pressure sensor ??) connector C

Can someone confirm ??

Cheers
FC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-19-2017, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hi,

I personally have a jb4 installed, but from experience I isn't think you can go wrong with the connections as each connector has a different number of pins. For example the map sensor has 3 pins, the tmap sensor below the air duct has 4 pins.
You can also check on the remus powerizer as I've read on some forums it's a rebranded Racechip , it also has three connections, maybe their website is clearer on the installation.
There is video on YouTube , but it only shows the first two connections, you can figure the third by elimination.
Hope this helps ! Let us know how it goes ..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
uke likes this.
post #3 of 13 Old 03-19-2017, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutsurd View Post
Hi,

I personally have a jb4 installed, but from experience I isn't think you can go wrong with the connections as each connector has a different number of pins. For example the map sensor has 3 pins, the tmap sensor below the air duct has 4 pins.
You can also check on the remus powerizer as I've read on some forums it's a rebranded Racechip , it also has three connections, maybe their website is clearer on the installation.
There is video on YouTube , but it only shows the first two connections, you can figure the third by elimination.
Hope this helps ! Let us know how it goes ..

Cheers - I'll take a look at that. Your right that one of the connectors has 3 pins but the other two have 4 pins.

I've emailed Racechip too - but disappointing as I wanted to get it installed this weekend, but lets see.

Thanks again
FC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-19-2017, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
I'm in dilemma to choose Racechip or another tune upgrade and I find that Racechip are not that good with their communication and customer support. I mailed them 2 weeks ago with a set of questions. No answer yet. I send the same mail to NM Eng. I got their full answer in 2 days.
post #5 of 13 Old 03-19-2017, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadeur View Post
I'm in dilemma to choose Racechip or another tune upgrade and I find that Racechip are not that good with their communication and customer support. I mailed them 2 weeks ago with a set of questions. No answer yet. I send the same mail to NM Eng. I got their full answer in 2 days.
The NM support is good and their chip will give you between 20-30 net horsepower gain, and the chip is very easy to install and uninstall. I have had one for 1 1/2 years and it has been flawless.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-19-2017, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I did the same and had a similar response time to email from both NM and RaceChip.

I choose RaceChip as we cannot get (easily) higher octane fuel in the Netherlands and don't want to be playing with fuel additives and had also heard good things from the BMW & Porsche communities in Europe about the RaceChip product.

I have emailed them for some support so lets see - but it is certainly not straight forward to install in my eyes !
post #7 of 13 Old 03-20-2017, 04:28 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I run the TMC Motorsport tuning box on my JCW ,278 bhp on mid setting .When i had a slight problem with it Darren was very very helpfull and even said that they would send a man over to sort it out.(did not need to in the end).Darren and TMC are great people to deal with.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-20-2017, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi,

Go with the jb4 from Burger Motorsports, Terry is super responsive and usually replies to queries within 24 hrs.
I've personally installed a jb4 on my f56 and couldn't be happier. If you have any questions, shoot away! Cheers!

post #9 of 13 Old 03-20-2017, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Not a great deal of detail but maybe this will help

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...w-for-b46.html

MCS Pepper White | JCW Tuning & Brake Kit | JB4 | KW v1 | Forge SS | Enkei | 498 Race Spoke | Michelin SS | Chilli Pack | Lounge Leather w/heating | VDC | HeadUp | HK | V Boost | Chrome Line | Heated Screen | PDC etc..
post #10 of 13 Old 03-20-2017, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
Not a great deal of detail but maybe this will help

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...w-for-b46.html
Thanks for that - very useful !

I had a response back from Racechip this morning sending me this - which is all I needed really.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini_2.0T_S_1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	50601  
uke likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page