User Tag List

5Likes

Old 06-15-2018, 12:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwink View Post
You need to clear FSC in full before upgrade, then you will need a new set of FSC for activation.

I donít know what this means or how to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2018, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
You can do with esys, just change the production date to VO in 2016 year.
You need new full set fsc code for evo id5
Old 08-14-2018, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi guys,

I have read the whole post and still don't know if I can enable carplay in my clubman bought in August '17.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot,
Bralok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2018, 05:07 AM

from what i have understood, yes it is possible. you are on a newer version iDrive (with touchscreen) so you can enable it via software. I would advise you get in touch with anyone enabling this for BMW cars via software such as Bimmer Tech.

for F56/55 up until the LCI models, enabling CarPlay via software may be possible, but its a lot easier via a piggyback box like unichip or something. I haven't been able to find anyone actually using their solution though, so YMMV.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 2018 Mini S Hardtop and I’m unsure if I can use that Bimmer software. Does my car have touchscreen that just isn’t apparent with the current software? If I buy the software with the usb stick to install, will it turn into a touchscreen? If I don’t have a touchscreen, can I use the normal button in the middle console? Help!
Old 08-28-2018, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bralok View Post
Hi guys,

I have read the whole post and still don't know if I can enable carplay in my clubman bought in August '17.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot,
Bralok
My F54 is a Jan 17 model, and it came with the touchscreen. It was marketed as "CarPlay Ready", so if your is the same as mine, then it should be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rebel, the Clubman JCW
Old 11-25-2018, 04:56 PM

Some good news!!

Ive got a November 2016 f56 cooper s with the visual boost radio. Purchased a system from a company called Unichip-tec. For my car. Was fortunate enough to have a friend pick it up for me in China and bring it down in about 3 days after ordering. Maria at the company was helpful, she took all the details over whatsapp so it was pretty seamless.

The install is a little tedious, you need to pull out the head unit. But after that itís just a few wiring looms to connect up. What took me a while was deciding where to put the box itself and where to route the usb cable for connecting my phone and the mic supplied. I put the unit where the secret compartment used to be and the mic is tucked behind the gauge cluster. The USB port Comes out just next to the gauge cluster near the ac vent. It took about 20 minutes to do it all, and Iíve never done this sort of thing before.

Works well, you will need to turn your vluetooth off or itíll route your calls through the cars system which wonít be audible till you exit CarPlay. Other than that itís great. Steering controls work too.

Antmax likes this.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Sweet, do you know which system that is you bought in china. I'd love to get my Google maps etc to display on the screen. Unfortunately I have quite a bit of warranty left on my 2017.
rangar12 likes this.

2017 Mini Cooper S
2004 MX-5 Miata
Old 11-28-2018, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmax View Post
Sweet, do you know which system that is you bought in china. I'd love to get my Google maps etc to display on the screen. Unfortunately I have quite a bit of warranty left on my 2017.

Itís best to get in touch with them directly, via their website or Facebook as the unit you get will depend on your head unit version.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
if you going to pay few hundreds to pay for that hub, why don't you pay more to retrofit new head unit ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in