Extra-Wide Cooper JCW GP Spied at Nurburgring as Fastest MINI Ever - 2015 Mini Cooper Forum
User Tag List

14Likes

post #1 of 16 Old 05-02-2019, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Garage
Extra-Wide Cooper JCW GP Spied at Nurburgring as Fastest MINI Ever

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/e...02.html#agal_0

Do they have only 1 Mule they test they show the same car over and over again. The GP 3 sounds like my old ABARTH

With a camouflage that literally covers it in race tracks, the JCW GP once again took to the Nurburgring for some testing. After all the work is done, this will become the fastest MINI of all time, a title that's unlikely to fall any time soon.

By this, we mean the GP model sets the quickest lap times. Because without AWD, it will be overtaken by things like the Clubman or Countryman. But this is a car for the purest of MINI purists, the people who don't care about comfort or having passengers.

All their stars lined up at once, as the previous two generations had 1.6-liter engines, and BMW didn't show a willingness to have such a wild MINI spawn. The test prototype shows massive fender flares, which have been compared to everything from the DTM race cars to tuning projects.

On the JCW GP preview concept, these elements were made from carbon fiber, and considering how affordable the technology has become, that should be the case here as well. Only a few thousand people will get to sample this beast, but there are already other carbon-clad hatchbacks out there.

In the power department, the GT is being teased as the most powerful MINI of all time, but we don't want to get too excited. They said the same thing about the 330i, but gave us only 6 HP more. Rumors talk about as much as 300 HP, which is only natural when there's so much potential in the 2.0-liter turbo. What we can say for sure is that certain thresholds will be hit, like 245 HP (180 kW), 258 HP (190kW), 272 HP (200 kW) and so on up to the already-built 306 HP (225 kW) setup of the X2 M35i.

The real number we should be concerned with is the Nurburgring lap time, with the previous GP doing 8 minutes and 23 seconds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My other car has 18 Wheels.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-02-2019, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone else notice towards the end of the video a previous gen GP roll past when the test mule is pulling off the track?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F6B134B1-FB46-42B7-B829-53B0B9CA06AF_1556821533125.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	64655  
Evlkarl likes this.

Understeer - is when you hit the wall with the front wing; oversteer - is when you hit the wall with the back wing; horsepower - is how fast you hit the wall; torque - is how far you move the wall when you hit it.

Last edited by Desert Rat; 05-02-2019 at 02:25 PM.
post #3 of 16 Old 05-03-2019, 02:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
I continue to NOT appreciate those side panels over the wheels...it's a bad example of overdesign.

pjsjr13, Mike, Evlkarl and 2 others like this.

F54 cooper S
We live in a big world -->

My photos:
Enjoy this forum!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-08-2019, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Garage
Warts and all aside, I still want one and committed to Mini of Cincinnati to purchase one from them! When my dealership, Mini of Louisville, announced their closing I was mortified as I had the #1 slot with them. It took some effort and persistence, but I did get the #2 slot with Mini of Cincinnati, and I am reasonably sure I will get my coveted GP! I doubt I will ever seriously track it, but it should be a good twisty monster! I am really excited about it and the wait will be excruciatingly long and painful!
post #5 of 16 Old 05-08-2019, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
i wonder 0 - 100 = ...
post #6 of 16 Old 05-14-2019, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I wish they would actually just make real fenders that are wider naturally...smooth and more stealth.
post #7 of 16 Old 05-14-2019, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbys2019MiniJCW View Post
I wish they would actually just make real fenders that are wider naturally...smooth and more stealth.
Totally agree. Those tacked on things look tacky. Well, you won’t see them from inside the car!
KYDan likes this.

Jon
2015 JCW 6MT
post #8 of 16 Old 05-14-2019, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I can't wait till this new GP comes out. It will be a Cayman beater. I just am perplexed by all the hate towards this car. Maybe because it will be expensive. Who knows
KYDan likes this.
post #9 of 16 Old 05-15-2019, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Garage
I bet the car will be a hoot to drive. If I would have 50K to spend on toys I probably would go with a nice GP 2 and an AMG.
KYDan likes this.

My other car has 18 Wheels.

post #10 of 16 Old 05-15-2019, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have just read that the GP 3 is going to boast 280 bhp but return a 0-62 figure of 6 seconds. Surely, it will perform better acceleration than this.

https://www.dicklovett.co.uk/mini/new-cars/mini-gp3

MINI F56 JCW (Auto), black with red top.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2015 Mini Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page