Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Mini ownership. Got my 2013 Cooper and have been very pleased and excited...until I noticed the noise. It is intermittent, when going over a “sharp” bump in the road. It sounds like two small metal rods “clinking” together. From the drivers seat is sounds like behind and to the right side. It’s not the hatch latch, nor the seat latches. I plugged both rear seat belts in. I made sure the jack pieces were well secured. I even found a few loose light bulbs roaming around the rear right hand tunnel. My wife helpfully suggested turning up the radio...but I can’t let this rest. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alex. Previous owner had it inspected at BWM before purchase and replaced brakes, tires and front sway bar. Then it had a safety inspection and they replaced the serpentine belt. It may come to getting the suspension looked at, but I really feel like it’s something interior.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I sympathise Serenityfire1975. I too have a rattle, but from the boot area and I can't pinpoint it. Sounds like my boot/hatch is a little loose and the lock's rattling over bumps. But, it feels like it's shut solid with no play. It may be the trim I suspect, so I'm going to start removing it until I find it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know if you find anything. I’m visiting an aircraft mechanic friend of mine this weekend. I’m hoping he will come for a ride with me and help me pinpoint it. I will follow up if I find anything useful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts