Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my F56, 1.5 diesel, just clocked over 100k but this issue has been going for around 10k.

So basically every so often, not always, never a pattern, just comes up with drivetrain problem, possible to continue journey.

It doesn’t affect the car at all, no engine light until the last few days but even that goes off and comes back.

I’m just wondering whether it could possibly just be a sensor somewhere, or if not, what are the most common reasons for the drivetrain as it doesn’t seem to come up to be able to read the code when I need it to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
So my F56, 1.5 diesel, just clocked over 100k but this issue has been going for around 10k.

So basically every so often, not always, never a pattern, just comes up with drivetrain problem, possible to continue journey.

It doesn’t affect the car at all, no engine light until the last few days but even that goes off and comes back.

I’m just wondering whether it could possibly just be a sensor somewhere, or if not, what are the most common reasons for the drivetrain as it doesn’t seem to come up to be able to read the code when I need it to be there.

Hi BS3915, glad you wrote about this!

I have been having the same issue for 2000 km on my 2015 f56 jcw; I'm currently around 73k km though. What I usually do is: shut the car down, lock it and unlock it and start the car again. After the start-up, the message disappears. Just like you, I haven't been able to use an OBD when the fault comes on. It is rather frustrating and worrying when the message comes up on the screen since I have found no faults with the car's driving and have kept up all the maintenance.

I have noticed that it usually comes up after having gone up steep inclines having kept the rpm at around 2000. Doing the same inclines but keeping the engine revving higher won't make the fault come up. This could just be a coincidence but since it has happened twice already, I have started to think there might be a cause-effect relationship. Could just be me though...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi BS3915, glad you wrote about this!

I have been having the same issue for 2000 km on my 2015 f56 jcw; I'm currently around 73k km though. What I usually do is: shut the car down, lock it and unlock it and start the car again. After the start-up, the message disappears. Just like you, I haven't been able to use an OBD when the fault comes on. It is rather frustrating and worrying when the message comes up on the screen since I have found no faults with the car's driving and have kept up all the maintenance.

I have noticed that it usually comes up after having gone up steep inclines having kept the rpm at around 2000. Doing the same inclines but keeping the engine revving higher won't make the fault come up. This could just be a coincidence but since it has happened twice already, I have started to think there might be a cause-effect relationship. Could just be me though...

Exact same situation, I genuinely believe it’s a loose sensor or something, mine pops up randomly every few journeys, but I do notice patterns that it does, so it always comes up when I turn the corner at the end of my road and begin to pull away.

Once it comes up on the screen and I click okay, I can’t seem to find anything on it again? Only when it pops up I can find it, I assume that it would come up under the vehicle check section?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you notice if it happens when perhaps you let the car warm up for less time?
I’ve also found this thread with other people sharing our issue ( Random Drivetrain message...? )
Hopefully the situation evolves and we can get an answer...
I do notice it’s always at the beginning of a journey, usually within less than a minute, I think I remember a few months ago I managed to get a code reading for it in the time it actually showed up & I believe it was to much air going to the turbo, I looked under the bonnet for any obvious leaks and I noticed my air filter had a bolt missing and was slightly raised, I secured it back and it didn’t happen for ages but then that might’ve been a coincidence, I’m not to fussed about it as long as it doesn’t do any damage, I believe it’s just a computer error but want to make sure.

I plan to trade in the car in the near future, I at least want to make sure it won’t come up when I’m doing the trade in had the car 4 years now and done 50k myself, went through a clutch before I could even source one for my car which ended up costing almost £1200, so it’s served me well apart from the clutch & now this

1 - 6 of 6 Posts