Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,
In my ongoing hunt for an F56, I've found a lovely Cooper D. On paper, it's slower than my current car. Having had a look at remap option, it seems I can get the engine upto 145-150BHP and upt about 340 Nm torque... Does anyone have any experience with a remapped 1.5 cooper D? How would it compare to a Petrol 1.5 Cooper?
Anyone tried it?
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
hi there,
In my ongoing hunt for an F56, I've found a lovely Cooper D. On paper, it's slower than my current car. Having had a look at remap option, it seems I can get the engine upto 145-150BHP and upt about 340 Nm torque... Does anyone have any experience with a remapped 1.5 cooper D? How would it compare to a Petrol 1.5 Cooper?
Anyone tried it?
Cheers!
I went from an R56 Cooper to a F56 Cooper D and although the power was only 10hp difference, the Cooper D felt much quicker than my R56 Cooper. If the Cooper D has more torque than your current vehicle then forget the figures on paper, it'll feel faster!

I've got an SD now though. :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
My daughter has a F56 cooper D and it feels pretty rapid when its in the mid rev range.

I did look into tuning boxes and seen that DTUK do one but have no experience of them.

They do have a good reputation with diesel cars though

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read one thread about a Cooper (petrol) remap and the chap reverted it, saying it caused engine management lights... More research is required i think!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts