Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and girls, I picked up a 20k mile 2015 1.5d on Saturday, 65 miles into my drive home (130mile drive) the MIL came on, not flashing, no loss of power or horrible noises etc,
Had to continue the drive as was getting on in the day and had a four month old with us to deal with.
Took it into bmw today for diagnosis and it had the following faults:
Font Rectangle Parallel Writing Circle

what would you do if you were me, the car looks very clean and is a pretty nice spec which I think was priced right, but now I’m going low mileage diesel probably never driven hard by an old biddy pottering around town has probably left the engine intake etc all gunked up

dealer has said they will complete any necessary repairs, but I think it needs all
Glow plugs as minimum as well as new heater control module, manifold off for cleaning and egr inspection and a forced regents of the dpf for good measure

any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case anyone was remotely bothered the bmw main dealer gave me a full refund (over two weeks later) and the car is now back on the market for almost 4 grand more from a non main dealer, personally I’d avoid it like the plague!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts