Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 1.6 Turbo engine just took home an engine of the year award along with the N55 I6 from parent BMW...

This year the 1.4 to 1.8-litre displacement class of the International Engine of the Year Award was once again dominated by the 1.6-litre turbocharged engine developed for BMW and MINI models. This unit features a Twin Scroll turbocharger and petrol direct injection combined with variable valve control based on the VALVETRONIC principle patented by the BMW Group. In its latest evolution – available from summer 2014 in the new MINI Cooper S Countryman (fuel consumption combined: 6.0 l/100 km [47.1 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 139 g/km) and the new MINI Cooper S Paceman (fuel consumption combined: 6.0 l/100 km [47.1 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 139 g/km) – the four-cylinder powerplant boasts output raised to 140 kW/190 hp. The responsive, high-revving nature and excellent efficiency of this engine once again set benchmarks that have ensured its eighth class win in succession.
http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/06/25/n55-3-0-litre-straight-six-wins-engine-year-award-2014/

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yes that would nice... to be driving a car with an award winning engine :)

I've read a bit about turbo chargers while waiting for my car... even my work colleagues who pretend to know about engines didn't know what a twin scroll turbo was... they do now ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm confused........is this the same engine as is in the F56 MCS, or a new engine which is going to be for the new Countryman & Paceman.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts