Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After pouring over photos and specs I've come to some conclusions about the 2015 MINI F56.

The Good

1. Interior quality is supreme versus the outgoing R56. The materials look to be of high quality and the layout is head and shoulders above the outgoing.

2. Not only is the trunk larger but has an integrated under floor storage area, and rear seats that will fold all the way down.

3. Larger wheels coupled with the higher belt line give the car more aggressive visual characteristics.

4. Rear spoiler on the Cooper S gives F56 a sportier attitude than R56.

5. Optional Halo LED DRLs are fantastically simple and visually appealing

6. Aggressive bolstering on the sport seats look to be of better quality than R56. The rear seats also provide more comfort for adults if they unfortunately find themselves stuffed in back.

7. The size is bigger making the F56 MINI more practical than ever before.

8. Optional JCW wheel looks simply perfect. The leather looks grippy but it doesnt seem to soft or thick like BMW M wheels can be. Of course it will need a hands on observation first.

9. The Optional 8.8" nav screen is a huge improvement. The software is a derivative of BMWs iDrive.

10. The engines. New 3 cylinder options plus the lovely 2.0 4. Increased torque on the Cooper S is near R56 JCW levels.

The Not So Good

1. Tail lights are overly massive

2. The bumpers chin

3. the "S" badge is EVERYWHERE

4. The optional CD changer will take up the entire glove box

5. Its grown too much with only moderate power bumps, MINI has already ruled out the possibility of AWD variants which is really too bad.

·
Registered
136 Posts
tylerD, nice analysis.

Two cents from me:

- The larger size is both a pro and con to me. I like small cars and hope the F56 retains the R56's nimble driving feel.
- In the "Not So Good" you mention AWD has been ruled out. Can you provide a link? I had not read this before, perhaps I missed it somewhere in the forum.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts