Mini Cooper Forum banner

1200 to delivery, how long?

11K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  Donk 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm due my car on 8th Sept from today which is about 6 weeks. It's still at 1100.

For you peeps that have taken your orders, can you tell me what the time period from turning 1200, to delivery was?

Was it within 6 weeks, ta?

#3 ·
I've been sent the electronic print. The dates it has are;

Req delivery date 19/08/14

Pref Cust Dt 31/08/14

Expected week 37/09

Production week 35/08

So I guess 2nd week of Sept looks likely if I'm reading it correctly?

#4 ·
Six weeks is the promised date for me also. Its been brought forward from the original promise with the dealer saying the delivery times have improved a lot recently at Oxford. Lets hope so!

My car's status as of last week is also 1100 with build completion in four weeks and at dealer two weeks after that.

#6 ·
Mr

My workplace has just put my order in on Friday 25th July. Please tell me it's not going to take 3 months to delivery - I can't wait until the end of October, as I'm currently doing a 90 minute journey each way on public transport and will be until the car is delivered.

It's a VO Cooper with black wheels, roof, mirrors and mirror caps. First new car I'll ever have had.

What are the current times from order to delivery?

Any replies much appreciated.

#7 ·
My workplace has just put my order in on Friday 25th July. Please tell me it's not going to take 3 months to delivery - I can't wait until the end of October, as I'm currently doing a 90 minute journey each way on public transport and will be until the car is delivered.

It's a VO Cooper with black wheels, roof, mirrors and mirror caps. First new car I'll ever have had.

Surely if your work are providing you with a car and it hasnt yet arrived, they provide a pool car or hire car in the interim period.

That's certainly what we do.

KR
Ian

#9 ·

About 10 weeks is the quickest I've seen so far. 12/14 seems to be the norm.

#12 ·
My order is a fairly standard spec although I have paid for the parking assistance, chilli and media XL packs and as I said before black wheels, roof and mirrors.

As my order was placed at the end of July, does that mean the end of October to mid November is the best bet?

#8 ·
It's a personal car but is being leased through the company as it works out cheaper that way.

It's the only benefit we get and I won't be using the car for work activity as I'm office based.

I should have said I'm in the UK (midlands) if that makes any difference to delivery dates.

Cheers

#14 ·
Thanks Cosmic68. I appreciate your replies. I should gets a contact name for the person at work who has placed my order next week, as they should send me an email with my estimated delivery date as supplied by Mini/BMW.

In your opinion have most of the estimated delivery dates been met and are they likely to be met more now that the summer is nearly over and as UK demand starts to dip?

#15 ·
You may end up with a really pleasant surprise once you contact them. Join the Facebook group, "I want my mini". Someone tonight announced they got their car in 33 days flat! It's being acknowledged as unusual, but delighted for the guy.
My gut feeling at the moment seems to be 3 months wait for the majority and they are being met. It's the early adopters back in spring that got the roughest ride with virtually zero information (7+ months :eek:)

Post back your est delivery date when you get it here. Cheers,

Cos.

#17 ·
Ordered mine on 12th May, est Delivery is 1st Sept. So my wait time would have been 16 weeks in total. On my last visit to the dealer it seems my delivery date has been pushed back to the 22nd Sept increasing my wait to 19 weeks. The salesman also said the waiting time is getting longer and longer for new orders.

#24 ·
Wow. It seems that Mini is mistreating the locals. I hope you don't feel bad, but we placed our order on 10 July, the car was built on 24 July, loaded on the ship on 29 July, and should be at the DC in New Jersey on 8 Aug. Dealer says that typically it's only a few days from hitting the DC that it shows up on their lot (it's less than a two-hour truck trip). Five weeks from order to delivery seems possible in this scenario.

#26 ·
It does suck how the delivery times alter from person to person and not just by a little bit. I suspect my wait time is longer due to ordering a 'one' and them not being as popular as the cooper and cooper s therefore taking a back seat on the waiting list against others.
But then again it might be cause I have literally put up zero fuss with the dealer so they probably don't feel obligated to hurry my order along lol!

#27 ·
The profit a dealer will make on the 'One' will be less so you would expect them to prefer the Cooper but then again a Cooper S with a lot of options will be even better for them. However I don't see the Cooper S and Cooper making a difference to delivery times.

It does appear that the dealer can affect the delivery time so its not only Oxford that decides who takes preference. Letting your dealer know that you want weekly updates on the status of your order is not 'making a fuss'. Keep them on their toes. For the cost of a few phone calls it cannot do any harm and only good can come of chasing them. Remember they will want your next car purchase as well and for you to recommend their dealership to others.

#28 ·
Hi all,

As promised here's an update on my estimated delivery. My Cooper was ordered about a week ago and my employer tells me that they've been given an estimated delivery of "mid-November".

I make that about 15 weeks from order to delivery.

I'm pretty unhappy about it to be honest. It means a lot of buses and trains and a lot of time away from home over the next few months.

#30 ·
Here isn't anything much in the first few weeks, TBH. You probably not get much in the way of updates until 6 weeks from delivery, more likely 4. Around this point it will be assigned a chassis number or VIN number and you can look online apparently.

15 weeks sounds very much par for the course. It's painful, but you just gotta suck it up. I'm at the 6 week away from delivery estimate now. I'm still not on the magical 1200 that I know of. It's really, really slooooooooow. >:D

#32 ·
As promised earlier in this thread and with thanks to everyone who helped with my queries - I've just had a call from Mini Sunderland to say that my car is being prepared for delivery to me and they've suggested 23rd September as the big day.

I am over the moon as I was still expecting a mid November delivery until today.

My employer hadn't given me any updates at all since my order was placed on 25th July.

I make it about 7.5 weeks since the order was placed and it'll still be under 9 weeks if they deliver on 23rd September.

I'll post again when it comes.

Thanks All.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.