Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m just getting to the last 1000 miles on the front of my cooper and am after some advice for what tyre to go for.

Current tyres are 195/55/16 87W Runflat Pirelli Cinturato P1. I want to move away from runflat as they’re not a great ride…

2 questions, what model tyres are good on the Cooper and what are thoughts on changing to a 205 wide tyre (leagally in UK) as there’s much more choice and cheaper?

any help much appreciated!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Depends on how you drive the car. I just use my Cooper for leisurely commuting and when my original tyres wear out I am considering fitting Michelin Cross Climate 2 all season tyres. The reviews I've read are very complimentary concerning both summer and winter use. The available grip on cold, wet or snowy roads is more important to me than high speed summer performance.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The Michelin CrossClimate tyres are great and I have had them on two cars now, a fairly heavy Volvo and a much lighter Mini Cooper. They have good dry and wet handling characteristics and seem to deal with standing water better than average tyres.

I am also wondering if I could change my 195/55/16 tyres, which I have currently have fitted to 16” Victory wheels, to 205/55/16 as the 205’s are much cheaper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts