Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello world,

1st post on here, been reading for a while but compared to other forums I am active on this is truly global!

I am collecting my MCS on Wednesday the car was one of the first MCS in the UK registered March 2014 and was a launch car.

Weeks ago I was lent a MCS by my local dealer for a few days and as well reported it was popping out of first gear. That car is now having a new gearbox fitted.

The dealer promise me that all recall work will be done and the car will be perfect for me, have we got any update on the gear issue? Do all cars have this problem?

Any other things I need to confirm with the dealer as to if they have done?

Great forum and Happy New Year to you all!

Chris

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts
And you, hopefully your dealer will check any recalls. Not that many mcs seem to have the gear issue, so I assume it's a case of wait and see. . You have a 3 year warranty. Just enjoy it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that! I have very little faith in dealers, first mini but after numerous BMW's with problems I'm nervous!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having the same problems with my cooper s 2 door hardtop.... it's so strange... did they actually crack open the transmission before they fitted a new one to it. When I went to the dealership they had a car there for the same reason and they just ordered a new transmission without seeing if the transmission was the actually problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.