Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Had my MCS F56 now for a year next month. I bought the Mini TLC package here in the uk for my servicing. Does anyone know if this is done on a yearly basis or by milage.
My mini has only covered 5000 miles.
Never heard a thing from Mini since i picked my car up 11 months ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had a letter from my MINI dealership 6 months after purchase, trying to flog me a £40 'routine maintenance check' which I thought a bit cheeky, as I opted for the TLC XL package which I was told at the time of purchase would cover 'absolutely everything' service related for 8 years. Go Mini UK!
But I digress...in the letter it says ' depending on certain parameters, it can be AS MUCH AS a year between services' (my own caps)
I would assume this to mean that service would be at least once a year, so I would definitely give them a call if I was you. My experience of dealers in the UK is that they keep their heads down until you prompt them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi

You only need a service when the car tells you. When you start the car up it tells you in the display how many miles to the next service. It all depends on how you drive when it will need a service. My car has done 5000 miles and is showing 13000 to service so it is currently needing its first service at 18000 miles

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it was my car and I was intending to keep it for a few years I'd at least get it in for oil-change, TLC package or not. Of course alas you'll have to foot the bill yourself however whether or not you do that has to be a judgement call on your part.

Regards Bob

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have questioned my dealer about the terms on TLC as the Mini UK website does not seem to cover 3rd generation. In the old days the TLC package would cover the cost with a tolerance of -1000 & +1000 miles of what the car called up and the number of services was laid out, Low mile cars to be serviced every 2 years. I have been told that the rules have changed for the F56 and the tolerance is now 3000 miles either side and you are covered for services that come due up to 50000 miles. In theroy if you get your servicing done early you may get an extra one in before 50000 miles. I have covered 14000 in 7 months and had an oil change done at about 8000 mile at my expense without resetting the service indicator and provided my own oil to keep the cost down. Best bet is to contact your dealer to see when yours is due to be done because of low miles. I myself would be tempted to get an oil change done once a year and pay for it without resetting service indicator.
Pat

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Called my mini dealer & they said i dont need a service until 2 years and they wouldnt do an oil change as its not needed. They said mini make the rules!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have questioned my dealer about the terms on TLC as the Mini UK website does not seem to cover 3rd generation. In the old days the TLC package would cover the cost with a tolerance of -1000 & +1000 miles of what the car called up and the number of services was laid out, Low mile cars to be serviced every 2 years. I have been told that the rules have changed for the F56 and the tolerance is now 3000 miles either side and you are covered for services that come due up to 50000 miles. In theroy if you get your servicing done early you may get an extra one in before 50000 miles. I have covered 14000 in 7 months and had an oil change done at about 8000 mile at my expense without resetting the service indicator and provided my own oil to keep the cost down. Best bet is to contact your dealer to see when yours is due to be done because of low miles. I myself would be tempted to get an oil change done once a year and pay for it without resetting service indicator.
Pat
Thank for the useful information. I have rang my local dealer who has confirmed that I can bring it in for service early at 16000 miles ( it's booked in next Tuesday). Doing it this way will get me a free service ( at 48K) that I otherwise wouldn't have had in my TLC package :)

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
I change my oil every 6000 but don't reset the computer.that way I maintain the mini service schedule!they'll only service it when the computer demands. Don't reckon on sneaking an extra in but good luck if you can!5w30 ace a c or long life 04 bmw. Plenty around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts