Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings

Some ups and some downs after 2 months of ownership of our VO F55 Cooper.

The downs, the Bluetooth turns off and you also get strange 'pips' noises on the DAB radio when the Bluetooth cuts out, when you try to connect I get the dreaded 'please wait...' But a press of the power button until it reboots and all is well again (for a couple of days then it goes again...)

I've acquired a rattle in the passenger side internal door handle, which I just need to grab and it stops! A quick soft thump seems to stop it for a while, but it returns after a couple of days.

Both issues I hope will be delt with tomorrow by the dealer. I've also informed them about the issue with the visual boost Bluetooth problem that I found out about on here, so hope they listen a deal with it.

I posted a jitty about the amount of bugs that love to end their lives on the upright windscreen we have on the F55 & F56 minis and someone said about stone chips being a bit of an issue too, I received one of these today (grrrrrr) made be jump out of my seat!!

Ups? Everything. I love our Mini I don't care about the radio, I've forgotten about the rattle, the bugs just mean I'm driving a car that's different, that splits opinions, mostly positive, the stone chip is a bit of a pi**** but I've had them on most cars I've had.
I've loved my driving experience with the car we've waited so long to own, the small things like Bluetooth and crackly DAB radio sound aren't going to spoil the overall driving experience. Love the colour, love way it corners, love the fuel economy, 52 on commute and 43 on weekend driving (UK). Love the space inside kids are very happy with the back seat space, wife is happy with her tweed seats, I'm happy about boot space. Lastly, the engine , it is just superb, such a strong powerful unit it surprises me every day, the Cooper S must be just a pleasure to drive, perhaps one day I'll be lucky enough to own one of those!?

That's it! thanks for letting me blurt!

Ali.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I don't bother with Bluetooth or even DAB in my Cooper so don't have these issues!

But you are so right about the engine, it is brilliant.

Light, so doesn't affect the handling balance, efficient and powerful and torquey enough for most situations, and I love the sound it makes when worked hard.

A delightful power unit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great reveiw!

Update your media SW, it takes 5 minutes and solves your DAB and BT issues.
+1 There is an update on the mini web site http://www.mini.com/connectivity/softwareupdate/index.html. Easy to install via the USB port so long as you have Visual Boost or Nav. No need for a trip to the dealers. Several of us have had exactly the same symptoms as you and the update cured it.

See this thread (towards the end after all the rubbish about replacing head units) page 14 or so onwards

http://www.minif56.com/forum/289-mi...ved-better-fuel-consumption-revisited-14.html

Once you have the following versions installed you'll be fine TV-110.005.010, MV-110.005.010

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.