Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,837 Posts
What can I expect at handover, first MINI? - Have read a few horror stories to be honest!

Did you cars come with petrol/diesel? (How much?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got just under half a tank from Halliwell Jones in Wilmslow, because I've had a few cars off them they literally just gave me the keys and said "see you!". They did offer to come out and show me around the car but I declined as the my previous was an F56 too.

· Registered
55 Posts
I got a full tank of petrol from Williams Stockport, they are all the nicest people I have ever met when it comes to car dealerships

Reactions: brandonbardsley

· Registered
55 Posts
I actually went to Halliwell Jones Warrington originally and they were absolutely awful so I walked straight out and went to Williams Stockport. I spoke to Mark who is literally the nicest guy on this planet and I ordered my brand new F56 not long after so it just shows how rubbish Halliwell Jones are...

Reactions: brandonbardsley

· Super Moderator
8,980 Posts
It therefore seems to depend on dealer. We had half a tank petrol red carpet signs flowers etc. Both local mini dealers talked us through the cars in special handover bay's. All minis we've bought have been a wonderfully exciting experience.! Hmmmm making me want another!

· Registered
307 Posts
It definitely depends on the dealer.
Halliwell Jones warrington sales did not ring me back on numerous occasions.
I bought my previous Mini from Williams Manchester who where great, but they couldn't match the deal I got from Bowker Mini Blackburn.
So I got my current car from them. Won't bore you with details as its been discussed before.
But briefly
1 car was dirty underneath was covered in mud
2 parked up a kerb outside on collection.
3 given keys and told car was outside

Will never buy another car from them, sales manager offered an insult of compensation. So rang Mini uk and complained. Eventually accepted what I considered a decent package of compensation.

ABOVE ALL DO NOT TAKE THE CAR UNLESS IT IS IMMACULATE, UNMARKED and YOUR HAPPY WITH IT..

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Had the car a few hours now!! OMG What a Machine!!!! Will post some pics soon.. Great fun to drive and oh the auto gearbox is lush!!

Good to hear that you're enjoying it and the auto box.

I've now got 3 more sleeps before getting my Cooper SD. What did you get?
COME ON GUYS I'M WAITING! MJ, I'm slightly concerned yours is gonna be a carbon copy of mine... :( but still hoping you have a massive grin on your face when you pick it up.

· Registered
121 Posts
Had the car a few hours now!! OMG What a Machine!!!! Will post some pics soon.. Great fun to drive and oh the auto gearbox is lush!!

Good to hear that you're enjoying it and the auto box.

I've now got 3 more sleeps before getting my Cooper SD. What did you get?
COME ON GUYS I'M WAITING! MJ, I'm slightly concerned yours is gonna be a carbon copy of mine...
but still hoping you have a massive grin on your face when you pick it up.
Think it is a carbon copy. Will post pics in a couple days so you can see

As the title says 2 more sleeps.

· Registered
4 Posts
Think it is a carbon copy. Will post pics in a couple days so you can see

As the title says 2 more sleeps.
Mine arrived on 5/17 while I was away. I picked him up this past Sunday. On Friday I was restless the whole day. Saturday night? I couldn't even sleep! I was like a kid at Christmas when the keys were placed into my hands for the very first time. Enjoy and happy motoring..

· Registered
121 Posts
Mine arrived on 5/17 while I was away. I picked him up this past Sunday. On Friday I was restless the whole day. Saturday night? I couldn't even sleep! I was like a kid at Christmas when the keys were placed into my hands for the very first time. Enjoy and happy motoring..
Looking good!

Every time I drive mine it feels like christmas. Loving it.

Enjoy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.