Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2014 Cooper D started jumping out of 1st gear recently at 23,000 miles I was fearing the worst, the excellent Bowker Mini in Preston have fixed it however so if anyone else has this problem there is a PUMA for this problem. The remedy is a modified linkage which was quickly fitted.

The gearchange which I though was good before is also now more positive.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
My 2014 Cooper D started jumping out of 1st gear recently at 23,000 miles I was fearing the worst, the excellent Bowker Mini in Preston have fixed it however so if anyone else has this problem there is a PUMA for this problem. The remedy is a modified linkage which was quickly fitted.

The gearchange which I though was good before is also now more positive.
My '64 plate Cooper D had this issue at 50 miles, it was one of the reasons I rejected the car. My car had it's whole transmission replaced, so they must have come up with a cheaper solution these days if they've modified the linkage.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi. I have the same but thought it was wear and tear as I have covered 52k miles in 2 years. Forgive my ignorance, what is PUMA? Thanks Phil

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. I have the same but thought it was wear and tear as I have covered 52k miles in 2 years. Forgive my ignorance, what is PUMA? Thanks Phil
Good question, I'm not sure what it stands for (someone else will probably know), but PUMA is BMW's solution or fix for reported or known problems.

I would get your car booked in whilst its under warranty!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My '64 plate Cooper D had this issue at 50 miles, it was one of the reasons I rejected the car. My car had it's whole transmission replaced, so they must have come up with a cheaper solution these days if they've modified the linkage.
Maybe it wasn't the same problem as mine Brandon, however I understand that BMW have come up with a solution to the complete engine replacement on the Cooper S so its possible that this is the latest solution if it is the same fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My cooper d problem exactly. Warranty has just ended. Is anyone else having this problem, how are they fixing it and is the linkage or the gear selectors enough solution ? If warranty ends, does mini still cover as a original flaw?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but has anyone had any luck getting Mini to sort this issue out of warranty? I have a 2014 Cooper D and recently started to jump out of 1st. Mentioned it to dealership when it was in for a service but they just said they'd had a quick look and couldn't see anything wrong and wouldn't be able to do anything without taking the whole gear box apart. Acted as thought they had never heard of this issue before

1 - 10 of 10 Posts