Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I was hoping someone could give me an idea about what could be causing my stock-mapped B48 to misfire in all cylinders occasionally. Just if anyone has any ideas from glancing at these logs? I only use 98 RON and tried from two of the major vendors here in Aus - no change. Plugs are also only 20,000kms old.
Bimmerlink is showing misfires both under load (less often) and with light acceleration(more often). Also noticeably on auto-blip downshifts.

I'm not too sure what to look out for in terms of ignition angles etc if I'm honest, and would appreciate anyone's ideas... two sessions recorded from the same drive are below, a warmup from cool (ish) to operating, then a short hill climb and descent.

The sensor update frequency is extremely poor, sorry about that. I'll be investing in a laptop connector soon...

They're in a Sheets doc here, I couldn't upload the CSVs.

Thanks.
Nick

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I am not sure because the root cause can be several issues, but I can share my experience with misfires. I owned a 2010 Cooper S, and I had it serviced at 60k miles. Part of the of the service involved replacing the coil packs and spark plugs. After leaving the shop and entering the freeway, I noticed the car was misfiring. I drove it like that until mid-day the following day, and then returned it to the shop and reported the problem. The technician identified the wrong part number used for the coil packs. After replacing the coil packs with the correct type, the misfires ceased.

Maybe you can troubleshoot your problem by swapping out a coil pack with a new one, and verifying if the code is corrected for that particular cylinder.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
Cooper S F56
6 Posts
There was a ecu update for this worth giving the dealer a call, I have paperwork for before I had mine (2014) where it had a misfire and dealer stated ecu update repaired it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts